Epilogue

"Wonderful book you're reading there

"Wonderful book you're reading there." A man suddenly spoke from in front, royally startling the woman. She was sitting on the back corner of an old library her family handled, hunched back on the cold floor.

"Yeah, it's a wonderful book. How unfortunate that it seemed unfinished." She replied, fingers fluttering on the last page.

"Unfortunate indeed. The original texts was sadly burned during a sudden wildfire, the author could only save so many." He began to sit on the floor beside her, his eyes never once leaving her form.

"Oh, I see. Now it makes wonder what the ending is." The woman wonders how the man knew what happened to the book, as little was really known about the author. Perhaps he did his research more thoroughly than hers.

"Well..." he began, his smile widened as he shifted closer to the woman.

"Maybe you already knew the ending, you just happened to forgot."

"In my next life, I don't want to forget about you. I don't want to forget about this."

"I don't want to forget about you too. And even if I do, please make me remember."

"Wait what..." She muttered, clutching the book a little tighter. She watched as his gaze softened, he stared at her knowingly —she'd dare say almost lovingly.

"Just, just who are you?"

With a charming smile never leaving his freckled face, he took her hand and boldly kissed the back of it and spoke, "I can be whoever you want me to be."

What is this déjà vu?

"I can be an old friend, a stranger, or perhaps even your lover —if I'm lucky."

His voice felt familiar yet at the same time, so foreign to her. She just couldn't put a finger on it. "But what I can assure you is that," he leaned in and whispered to her, his voice low and smooth —sending shivers down her spine.

"I've spent two decades searching for you, and I'd be damned to let you slip off my fingers once more, Mi Luna."

Mi Luna?

Mi Luna.

My Moon.

"Hija, are you ready?" Her mother asked, watching her beloved daughter's hair getting fixed by Isabela. Hair adorned with flowers and the veil of white, beautifully framing her face with upmost perfection.

"Yeah, so ready."

Isabela smirked as she looked at her now-finished hair. She held the bride's shoulders and and leaned in, looking at her by the mirror. "Camilo is so going to cry in joy when he sees you."

Isabela's goal was to make this bride of his like a goddess, and like a goddess she did. She can't wait to see Camilo cry at his wedding day.

And Camilo certainly did, she was absolutely heavenly, so beautiful. Even after the ceremony has ended, he still cried. Everything felt unreal to him, like a dream. But he knew this is real and he is so floored, everyone knew that she's his, and only his, and vice versa.

So when he laid down on their now shared bed, he couldn't help but whisper. "This is it, I'm married, we're married." Hand desperately searching hers, holding it tightly. "And you were so beautiful out there." And you still are.

"I would say the same for you. It felt so surreal."

Never in her wildest dreams had she ever thought she would get married. Never would she had thought it would be with Camilo.

Now she had finally know what it's like for the sky not only hold her hands, but also to love her unconditionally.

Clouds of thoughts filled his head with words he don't know how to say out loud, he showered her with affection and filled her empty lake that she didn't know needed filling, clouding her thoughts to the point that all she could think of is him. Him.

Him, who used to be so lost in himself, who felt useless in his own family. Him, who felt had no purpose in life —only for fate to slap him in the face and told him directly. His purpose was to be happy.

His purpose was her.

"I love you." Saying that felt easy as breathing for him.

"I love you too." Honestly, she felt the same.

She drew him in her little world in her head, day dreaming a life with him.

She drew him in her little world, and memorized every freckle.

She drew him in her world, and made it brighter.

Little artist in love.

"Ca, Camilo?" Everything slowly felt so clear to her now.

Songs of wedding bells sung in the distance, the priest, her family —their family, their vows, their everything.

His smile, his charming smile when he saw her, all dressed beautifully in white. His touch, still ever so gentle as ever, always fearing he'd cross boundaries despite her not minding being smothered with love by him. His kiss, filled to the brim with love that could last millions of lifetimes. Goodness, how dare she forget?

Yet the man only smiled, brushing her hair —tucking away the strands behind her ears. "Welcome back, cariño. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

She leaned in for a hug, his scent filling her lungs with much nostalgia as she cried softly.

"I missed you, so much."

She could only choke up a sob in reply and held him tightly.

"You made me search for you, you made me scour the entire world just to find you."

Well, searching for two decades is worth it as long as he gets to hold her in his arms once again.

Like I said before, one life will never be enough for the two of us, life is constantly moving —flowing like the river stream.

And there are always things we wish to change when we reflect in our past, I mean, who doesn't?

Was it the ending I want? Perhaps, I learned to be satisfied with what life gives me. Though, there are things I wished I could've done differently or I wished life did differently.

Was I satisfied? Of course, I get to be with you, again, and again, and all over again. It's enough to satiate my never-ending longing and craving for you. Heh.

My life will never be the same without you.

Ah, I'm running out of space to write this. So until next time, mi Luna.

I'll be waiting for you as always.

Forevermore.

Very truly yours, your love, 𝓒. 𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓵

 𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓵