Chapter 15

There was once a lonely moon, unloved by the people she tried so hard to shine brightly for

There was once a lonely moon, unloved by the people she tried so hard to shine brightly for. But alas, they always wish for her to go away. She felt unneeded, unloved even by the sun who always told her that they'll come around soon.

The sun and the moon are like parallel lines, always next to each other, side by side yet they never seem to meet. Their thoughts had always been a bit different.

"Tell me dearest sun, why do the people not love me as much as they love you? I tried everything to shine just like you and yet they never seem to bat an eye at me, whatever have I done wrong?"

"Why be me when you are you?" The sun replied, their backs turned never meeting her gaze.

"Someone out there will appreciate your light, you simply haven't found it yet. All you have to do is wait."

And with that, the sun walked away and left the lonesome moon confused and doubtful. For she has been waiting for millennias and no one has yet appreciated everything that she had done.

"What if I cannot wait any longer?"

Despondent she grew, and cold she became, no longer was she the once hopeful child she previously was.

"They never wanted my light anyways, why make the effort?" She bitterly spat, the once bright moon shined duller and duller until it's no more.

Little did the moon knew how much a certain sky misses her so, her absence hurt him badly, no longer can he see the dazzling light she shines from up above, no longer can he quietly stare at her beautiful presence sitting so ethereal from afar.

Who is he supposed to be if she's not here by his side. Without her, there is no purpose of putting effort into things anymore.

It truly hurt him badly, the winds churn and howl in sadness, they were harsh and unforgiving, cold and dark. His world is not complete without her presence.

His purpose is her after all.

The people were scared, downright terrified. The seasons and climates changed, the tides fall, everything is in absolute chaos.

"Bring her back!" The sky cried, his heart broken and incomplete with her absence.

"Please, come back to me... My sweet little moon." Snow fell harder and colder until the entire earth had almost turned to ice.

The sun merely watched as the chaos unfolds in a distance, their eyes turned to look at the moon, who's light shined no longer as she refuses to look at the people she once cared so deeply about.