Chapter 26

Little lizard sat and sighed staring at their opened window, sighed and sighed they did all afternoon

"Why so blue, little lizard? Did someone bother you?" Little Owl said, flapping tiny wings as they watched the tiny reptile sulk. "This is the sad time of day where I wait for Mr. Pigeon to give me a letter." They replied, little tail wrapping around Little Lizard's body for comfort.

"Why is that?" Asked little Owl.

"Because no letter comes, and it makes me unhappy. Is it because no one likes me, that no letter arrives in my window?" Said Little Owl

"I like you." Hooted little Owl, nuzzling its feathery face on Little Lizard.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

The world feels a little less lonely for Little Lizard.

Camilo sighed at the sight of the basket of arepas he offered last time, being eaten by stray cats and dogs at her doorstep.

Dolores told him that the woman had never bothered to leave her little workshop not even once, which made him grow increasingly worried for her health.

"Shoo! Shoo! Go away!" He shooed the animals away, placing a new batch of food for her to hopefully eat.

He stared blankly at the wooden door, that God-forsaken wooded door. It was literally the only thing that was separating the two of them -he so badly wants to kick it down, but he knew he'll only make the situation worse for the two of them.

He sat on the ground, hugging his knees -probably a few inches away from the door. "I miss you." He spoke, watching the stray dogs fighting over the basket of stale arepas in the distance.

"I miss you every day, every second, every hour, every night." His eyes felt so tired from crying each night, but not once did he care.

"If you don't want to see me right now, I understand -I'll give you all the space you need! Just, just, please... Take care of yourself, eat."

Maybe he'd become rather observant nowadays, I guess being apart from her had made him realize things, notice things he hadn't before. But he could've sworn he heard shuffling from the other side, but he still refused to face the stupid door -he had grown to hate her front door the more he continued his fruitless visits.

"Please at least eat Tiá's food, so for the most part you, you won't get sick."

He buried his face in-between his knees, with a muffled voice he spoke once more: "I only have one of you, so please take care of yourself for me -if not for me, then for your family."