Chapter 20

Blessed Moon my love, I take refuge in You; save me and deliver me from all who wronged me

Blessed Moon my darling, Your heart is my refuge; shield me in Your loving embrace, protect me and guide me with Your glistening Moonlight, shall I somehow ever lose my way.

Wonderful Moon, my beloved, how majestic is Your name in all the Earth! You have set glory in the heavens and stars alike.

Through the song of crickets and critters that loves the night almost as much as I, they revel in soft light of which You glow.

The Moon is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. My beloved.

In the Moon is where I take refuge. Your warm embrace houses my weary soul; You, the scent of home.

"I bought some snacks and some other stuff to entertain us throughout the night." Camilo spoke, flopping the bag down on the ground as he sat beside the girl, who was doodling mindlessly on her sketchbook —the bright lamp they brought provided her enough light to have been able to see what she's drawing.

"Your company alone is enough to entertain me 'till midnight." Pencil at hand she still scribbled mindlessly, not bothering to look at Camilo. Yet she could feel his gaze lingering on her as she continued to draw.

An open field, not too far from the Casita —and the perfect view to watch the fireworks. It's almost as if it was perfectly made for this certain occasion.

"Ay, Camilo we haven't reached an hour and yet here you are, eating all the snacks. We still have five more hours to wait on."

"Lo siento, amor. You know how heavenly Tiá Julieta's cooking is! How can I not eat it when it's just there, basically begging to be eaten?" Camilo complained, laying down on the grass with a big dramatic sigh:

"Oh, mi arepas, my one true love! Why must fate be so cruel as to separate us from each other?" he theatrically monologues, one hand on his forehead as he choked out a fake sob.

"Now I know why you and Niko get along so well."

"Heh, I guess I just have this natural charm bestowed upon me."

"... Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night." She was about to say that they're both idiots but oh well.

The girl laid down beside him, stretching a bit before getting comfortable. Her back aches at the prolonged time she had sat down on the ground hunched over whilst she draws, Camilo often compares her posture to that of a shrimp as the girl simply bit back as if his was any better.

4 hours left 'till midnight.

"Camilo, tell me a haiku." She asked, her eyes never leaving the starry sky. "A hai- what now?"