38: Callie

I suppose this week I should leave you with this chapter...

I hope you enjoy...

___

I stayed stock-still in the hallway, eyes locked on his brown ones, refusing to move. He had changed since I had last seen him. Of course he had. At night, he had taken his shirt off, wearing only his boxers, confidence consuming him since we had both seen each other in our underwear. 

But today... today, he was wearing one of my favourite colours on him: yellow.

When the corner of his lips turned up as his eyes went over me, my heart hammered in fear of what he could possibly want... I never saw him at this time of the day. He never came here on his own accord, not knowing if I was home or not in fear of contronting my dad without me.

Yet he did.

Why?

Was turning me down really that important that it couldn't wait?

I opened and closed my mouth several times, trying to find the words that would get him to go before things got awkward, but nothing ever came out.

Flynn raised a finger and motioned for me to come in.

But I stayed where I was, refusing to budge.

Heaving a sigh, he closed the distance between us. Reaching over my chair, he dragged me into the room and then closed the door behind him as much as he could—leaving the obligatory crack dad always insisted we have.

"Why are you here?" I squeaked, unable to face him as I kept my head turned down.

"I told you we'd talk in the morning. And considering you ran away—how I have no clue—I had to come find you," he said matter-of-factly, with a hint of annoyance to his tone. He didn't like that he had to come here to talk to me...

"How long... how long have you been here?" I then asked.

"Well, I woke up a couple of hours ago. Your side of the bed was cold, so I imagine it was a while after you left. I tried texting you but you never responded. I tried Sara's but she said you and your sister weren't there. So my next best bet was here... I haven't been waiting too long though, to answer your question."

I was looking everywhere in my room but him, wondering how I could get him to leave.

I knew I had to face this conversation eventually.

I knew at some point, I had to look Flynn in the eyes and admit I had fallen for him, even though I knew he'd never return those feelings.

I knew at some point I'd have to face him in the wake of him most likely knowing this fact after all that I blurted out while drunk last night.

Nonetheless, after talking it through with Lexi, I thought I'd have almost two weeks to get to that point. Not two hours...

"I'm still not feeling well, so can we do this another—" I started, but Flynn closed the distance between us, stopping when he was right in front of my chair.

Before I could ask what he was doing, he reached down and pulled my prosthetic from my hold. He then walked over to my bed, placing it right by my bedside table where it normally lives. 

"How did you run away so quickly?" he asked as he got back to standing height.

"It... I... It was hard, but I somehow managed to shove my prosthetic on."

Brows pulling together, he came back over to me, kneeling down by my chair and stump. His hands softly trailed up my thigh, stopping at the edge of the sleeve, causing my body become covered with goosebumps. "May I?" he asked, eyes meeting mine.