-Nightmare-

Moondrop x Child reader

Requested by hannahInnit_16

Warning: Slight gore, Violence

This chapter is not appropriate for young readers. Please skip this chapter if you get too uncomfortable and can't handle the disturbing scenes ahead. That is all, thank you!

----------

The sound of children's laughter once filled the daycare but all of it died down as hours passed. Until, you and Sundrop were the only one left. The parents of the other children already came to pick them up since it was already getting late.

Humming you kicked your tiny legs as your eyes fixated on the paper in front of you doodling and sketching with your crayon in hand. Your eyes sparkled in excitement totally satisfied when you finished you work. Picking yourself up you walked around the daycare finding a certain daycare attendant.

"Sunny, can you come here for a second!" you called searching for him. "Yes, gumdrop?" Sundrop says appearing behind you making him hover over you slightly because of his height. You smiled turning around to look at him with the drawing placed on top of your chest. "Can Moon come out?" you ask innocently, looking at Sundrop with your big e/c eyes.

"B-but gumdrop you know the rules in the daycare and- "but Sundrop cuts himself off when you gave him the puppy eyes. Your eyes glistening, accompanied with a pout on your lips. Sundrop tries to say no trying to fight the urge but eventually sighs in defeat.

"Fine...." Sundrop nods in agreement. Squealing in happiness you tackled him to a hug by hugging him by the waist causing him to yelp in surprise. "Thank you" you kept repeating squeezing him tightly letting go of him after you were done. Sundrop only smiled, heading to the counter he stood there hesitantly if he should do this but sighs already switching the light off.

When the lights completely shut off you immediately pulled your flashlight for you to see. Your eyes still adjusting in the dark. "Moon, are you there" you called in more of a whisper but was only met by silence. "Oh moon" you sang walking near the counter to see no one. You let out a hum in confusion heading to the middle of the daycare. 'Where is he?' you thought but perked up hearing a noise above you. You immediately directed the flashlight above you to see Moondrop floating above heading towards you in a swimming manner before he got down with a loud thud making you jump in surprise.

"Miss me, starlight?" Moondrop asks in a teasing manner. You only smile in response before hugging. You hear moon chuckle with his raspy voice cressing your head in a very gentle manner. "Don't worry I miss you too, starlight~" he cooed. Your eyes widen in realization to why you called him in the first place.

"Moony, I have something to show you" you say grabbing the paper clutching it but not too tight that it will crumple and destroy it. "Oh?" Moon says tilting his head to the side in a curious manner leaning down to your height. You handed him the paper as he took it from you immediately examined it. His red glowing eyes examined the paper in his hands smiling softly to see a picture of you and him.

"I love it starlight~" which made your smile turn into a wide grin happy because of his reaction completely satisfied. You giggled when he picked you up by the waist spinning you around as your laughter filled the daycare. You and moon decided to hang out a bit playing and chatting to how was your day until it got super late at night.

You let out a loud yawn causing moon to look at you as you rub your tired eyes. Moon got up walking before walking back with cozy warm blanket and pillows in his hand. You yelped in surprise when he picked you up before placing you down softly on the soft mattress tucking you in. "You shouldn't be staying up so late starlight. Get some sleep" he says making you smile softly thanking him in your head as you et out a yawn closing your tired eyes.