Cold Eyes

Fa was shocked when they did not move that far away. She had expected Leon to want to retrieve to a more private location. Instead, they simply headed back inside the castle, only going one floor up before Leon abruptly stopped by the window.

He stared down at the garden he had been in less than a few minutes ago like it was an alien planet to him. She let her hands rest on the window porch as she joined his observation.

To say the monastery had been shaken would be an understatement. People lost even their decency to whisper.

They roamed around, trying to gather their minds together, while they exchanged shouts and screams.

Leon sighed. He looked disturbed.

“If you did not want to see this, why did you come here?” Fa asked.

“I forget sometimes,”

“Forget what?”

That was the first time in a while that Fa raised her eyes and met his. It was not like she had anything against eye contact. But it was strictly forbidden to look a God in his eyes and she did not have a thirst for trouble.

No more elaboration came. He continued scanning over the gardens, searching for something- or someone.

“Did you find what you were looking for?” she asked.

“People get excited easily over nothing,” he shrugged.

“I would not say seeing an actual God is nothing,” she side eyed him.

“They see me every single time an announcement has to be made. They should be used to it by now,”

“It is not the same and you know it,”

Leon most likely did but he had also clearly not come here for a confrontation so he did not say anything more.

“Thank you,” Leon cleared his throat “For informing me about the drawing. And not instant going to mother. I do not think I would have been able to calm her.”

“I guessed she might not take it well. So, I decided it would be better if you got it…”

“Indeed. And thank you a lot for that,” Leon spoke oddly- it was apparent that he was not very used to showing genuine gratitude “And I fear I have wronged you in the past. Mister Weng mentioned something and it made me realize that.”

“Everything is alright, your Divinity. Don’t worry about it,”

“If I am not worried when I have done something wrong, when will I be worried? When everything is fine?”

Leon had probably meant to make a point there but that sounded exactly like him.

“Do… Well...” whatever he meant to say was clearly giving him a lot of trouble “We have not spent much time together in a while.”

Fa leaned her head slightly to the side at the weird observation. Not that he was incorrect. She simply had not expected him to have even noticed that. It was easy for him to get lost that way.

“Well, yes,” she agreed.

This conversation was visibly difficult for him and his stoic façade was slowly falling apart. She observed his uncomfortable stance and sullen expression. She did not push him, knowing he simply was not very comfortable with openly expressing emotions.

“Could you help me with something?” he asked out of the blue.

“Certainly,” she responded confidently.