Gilded Weavings

The sky was cloudy that day. Leon had forgotten to take his coat with him. The cold did not deter him however. Damian's head was weighting down on his lap and he radiated heat.

"Can you believe that jerk? I am going to need to have a conversation with Davis," Damien was talking so rapidly that she started to run out of air.

"Hm,"

Damien slapped his arm lightly.

"You're ignoring me," he complained.

"I am not," Leon was quick to deny.

"Yes, you are,"

His lips twisted into a pout, a bit childish and very cute. Leon grasped his chin tenderly.

In an instant, any harshness faded from his face. Damien was looking at him wide eyed like he held the world in his hands.

Liam leaned down to connect their lips. They had kissed how many times by then. Yet it always sent a blazing,  tingly feeling through his bones, making him tense up.

Laughter reverberated down his throat and he regretfully pulled back. Damien was giggling to himself unconsciously, biting on his lower lip and driving Leon insane. His arms wrapped loosely around his neck, tugging him down.

"Remember how we used to play house as children? How I always insisted on playing the wife?"

"And I started calling you Dame because you almost looked like a girl in that apron," Leon reminisced fondly.

"I did not get why I did that either. For a while, I thought I was like at Ebel. But I never felt like that except from when we were playing together. Looking back I just wanted an excuse to kiss you. Like this,"

Leon wanted to kiss him. He wanted to smother him with kisses, to feel more shaky giggles ghost over his lips. If he did not taste his lips now, he feared the warmth would wither and he would suffocate.

He had always cherished his smile and it tasted as sweet as he had imagined.

But when had he started imagining? The first time he remember wanting to be the reason why Damian smiled was when they were 8 and 6 respectively. Damian has fallen and scraped his knee. He was sobbing when Leon grabbed his hand. Then Dame had graced him with a smile so radiant he was blinded-.

But that was not the same. Back then Dame was more of a sweet, occasionally annoying younger sibling. For the longest time that was all he was. So when had he become this?

"Your thinking is tiring my brain out," Damian breathed out.

"One of us needs to have a functional one,"

Damien twirled a lock of his black hair around his finger and dragged him back in.

Leon's brain had activated, however, and when that happened, it was impossible for it to stop. Somehow he gathered the strength to rip himself away from Damian.

"Is something wrong?" he seemed to catch on to the strange atmosphere.

"My mother left," he wanted to say it but he could not, even if the words were beaten out of him.

"I don't understand,"

"What?"

"Anything,"

Liam sat up and focused his attention on the horizon. He did not know what to expect if he dared glance at Damian's direction. A comforting weight rested on his shoulder.

"You have time to figure it out," Damian reassured him.

"Do I?" he mused.

"Leon, does 'it' include us?"