Forgotten Times

“I am not sure if you are serious…” Quaboth looked up from the tablet at Doll.

She puffed her chest out, standing proud and decisive in front of all of them.

“Hey, remember the bet. We had a match and I won so you owe me a favor. And this is what I want,” she proclaimed, brimming with excitement.

“Not my fault it is a stupid request…”

“Not her fault you lost,” Xiris grinned lopsidedly.

“Shut up, cousin. No one likes you,”

Xiris rolled his eyes and turned his attention back down at his screen.

They were in the living room. The oval chaotic blend of different styles and shades, most of which did not match. It was Havel’s house but he hardly cared what they did with the decoration as long as they didn’t break a wall or floor.

So they had all taken the liberty to add something of themselves to the communal space.

The drawings and posters plastered all over the crème walls-typically depicting either an aesthetic location or half-naked men-were Doll’s artistic intervention. Most of the art was her own which was quite impressive. He just wished he could drink coffee without having drawn eyes judge him.

The furs draped across the couch which were the warmest blankets in the whole house carried Anthalla’s signature.

The moon shaped electric purple chair was screaming Xiris. Fittingly, Xiris was seated right there, legs spread out as he tapped on the device on his hands.

Anthalla fiddled around with her tablet, glancing at Havel for instructions, who was sitting right beside her on the huge couch. When she got no answer, she crossed her legs uncomfortably.

Quaboth had grabbed a wooden chair from the dining room and brought it to the living room. Although the couch was big enough, he for some reason felt more comfortable sitting in the uncomfortable chair.

“I get why Q has to take this. Cause he lost the bet and everything. But what are we doing here?” she pointed at Quaboth with a confused impression.

“For emotional support,” he responded jokingly.

“Does that mean I can skip out on this one?” she raised her hand as if a teacher had asked her a question.

“Traitor…”

Quaboth lightly nudged her shoulder and she dramatically fell back, clutching her shoulder as if she was bleeding. Havel worried looked over before Anthalla burst out into tiny giggles and he returned to his work.

“Tell my children I love them…” and with that, she fainted.

“Guys, this is important…” Doll whined.

“Sorry that we cannot grasp the importance of this world changing event,” he said sarcastically.

“You are forgiven,” she chuckled.

“Thank you dearly,” he drawled the words out.

“Why are we taking a test about what house we are? We already have a house. Is that your way of telling us you want to move out?” Anthalla questioned.

Quaboth was pretty certain this was just Doll being herself. But hearing her answer to that question sounded like such a more entertaining distraction.

She opened her mouth and then closed it as quickly. She repeated the motion over and over, squinting her eyes and shaking her head. Havel set his tablet down for a second.