Crown Of Wire

It was customary that all team members live in the same house. Some chose not to but tradition was tradition and the Abyssals were hesitant to go against them. That was how the Abyssal Gang ended up living in Havel’s house.

Fortunately, it was gigantic with more than enough rooms for them. Despite that, Xiris’s bedroom was by far the most luxurious. It resembled a five star hotel suite more than

“And why do you need my help specifically?” Xiris whined.

He was lying down on his bed, legs crossed, while he frowned up at Havel. His head was dangling upside down so the image was a bit disoriented but he had no intentions of leaving this position.

I would not ask you if this were not necessary.

“Why is it a necessity for us to go the seventh level of the Abyss?” Xiris could not shake off the suspicion that more was going on than Havel let on.

The seventh was the lowest floor, shielding the Abyss from the Void that had been found by the Explorers yet.
The lower one headed, the most likely it became they would be consumed by the Void. Thus, not many strayed so far down- with the exception of fools who knew no better and Explorers whose entire job was to study the Void.

The most horrible of traitors were forced down there to live the rest of their short lives in terror till they were inevitably reduced to nothing.

It was also apparently the place where Xiris had lived for the first two years with his father, before Havel took him in his Care. But he was too young to remember much of that.

Still, if it had anything to do with his father, he would prefer never to see it.

He did not like something about this…

He frustratingly enough had to actually sit up properly when Havel seated himself on the bed.

Even though the queen sized bed was big enough for the two of them and six other people, stretching out on it while Havel sat on the very edge with his legs crossed, ready to fall with a slight push, seemed unfair.

There is a traitor they want interrogated. Mirror requested us specifically.

“And why is that?” Xiris questioned curiously “Since when does he trust me with anything?”

I do not understand what his motivations are either. But the cost of disobeying is too great.

“What is he going to do? I thought the Abyss was all about free will and such nonsense…”

It is always far more complex than that. Antagonizing Mirror is not going to help.

“No, but it will be fun, won’t it?”

Xiris rose up from his bed, mourning his lost free time. On his nightstand, he had a small glass vase filled to the brim with candies of different kinds.

He grabbed a green apple lollipop from it-which he knew was Havel’s favorite flavor. He placed it in his gloved hand without even asking if he wanted candy. He took a small chocolate, got rid of its golden wrapping and threw it up in the air to catch it with his mouth.

“Do you know what is the one thing the Surface has that we don’t? Sugar. And sugar beats all,”

Xiris.

Havel had the annoyed facial expression of a parent preparing to chastise their child. His lips were ever so lightly tilting downwards, tiny creases showed on his forehead as his eyes narrowed.

His one hand was resting on his knee, the other fiddling with the lollipop as if it was a weapon of sorts. His posture was heavily guarded- it belonged to someone who was expecting to be attacked.