Ticking Clocks

Leon followed cautiously after him. Hs struggled not to regret his choice and turn around to inform his mother and the guards and everyone and anyone who would listen. To inform them of the danger that lurked among them.

Instead, he let Damian clutch at his hand while he dragged him up to the floor where most of the students slept.

"I was under the impression you were taking me to meet your friend," Leon yanked his hand away "What are we doing here?"

"We will have to wait a bit-,"

"The world is going up in flames. I can't afford to fool around with you," Leon seethed.

"We will only check. I just did not see him in the class he was supposed to be in and this is the next place I could think off..." Damian trailed off his words abruptly.

Leon followed his gaze. Among the hallway of shut closed russet doors, one remained wide open. Damian jolted and he grabbed him again, urging him towards the open door. The closer they got, the more the sound of low, monstrous growls scraped his ears. Whatever being was producing this noise could not possible be entirely human.

The bedroom is lavish, bed draped in black blankets, curtains painting the room in a grim manner. The only source of light is a small candlestick right beside them. He squinted his eyes to adjust fully to the change in lighting and saw him.

Sickly pale skin gleaming with drops of sweat, this thing stood taller than even him. Xiris Dragonborn did not glance their way. His focus never once left the punching bag hanging from the ceiling right in front of him. His fists met the pitch black fabric time and time again as it swung. He attacked it with fury and Leon gripped Damian's shoulders, not allowing him to get closer when he tried to step forward.

Dragonborn's nails dug deeply into the material of the bag. The chain shuddered and screeched for a split second before a crack was heard and the metal broke.

Instinctively, Leon threw himself and Damian down on the ground to avoid a hit that fortunately never came. Xiris tossed the shattered outlet for his rage out the window. The glass shattered and his ears barely caught a scream from outside.

"Xiris, are you okay?" Damian cried out and pulled himself away from his grip to stumble towards Dragonborn and Leon had never despised his stupidity more.

Only then did he turn towards them. Leon had never seen a pair of eyes quite like that. Endless violet depths with pure white pupils so thin they could barely be seen in the dark. And Damian approached this inhumanity and laid his hands on his face as if it were nature to him. Xiris breathed heavily as he struggled to focus his eyes on Damian.

"Damian, come here right now," he commanded, extending his hand forward.

"No, no, Leon, it is all fine,"

While Damian lowered his tone to soothe him, Xiris's eyes narrowed down on him. Suddenly, he slapped his hands away and pushed Damian down on the floor. He yelled out in shock and pain.

Leon wasted no time before grabbing the candlestick behind him. Just as Xiris lunged at him, he held it with both hands right in front of him. He blocked his strike that way and took the minor distraction as an opportunity to knee him on the stomach.

While Xiris let out a aching growl, Leon brought the stick down on his leg. He moved so swiftly that the flame extinguished itself while he smashed the wood in two pieces. He hit his face with it, yet Xiris blocked and gripped it tightly with astounding strength for someone who had just been struck.

Xiris punched him right on the jaw. Damian screamed out while Leon slammed down on the cold ground, head spinning. He forced himself back on his feet quickly enough that he was ready when Xiris aimed for him again.