𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

I TIGHTENED MY GRIP on the polearm, frigid sweat trickling down my temples as my face pales at the sheer exhaustion

I TIGHTENED MY GRIP on the polearm, frigid sweat trickling down my temples as my face pales at the sheer exhaustion. I could feel myself get lightheaded for practing my swordmanship and polearm abilties on hours end.
"[y/n]." The stern tone reached my ears.

I pant quietly, turning my head to glance at whoever called me. "Sara.." I murmur, gaze immediately softening upon seeing my sister. "You've been practicing for five hours with no breaks, you'll get sick if you continue."

Sara chides, holding a tray with a glass of water and snacks she prepared. She places it on a nearby table in the training grounds of the Tenryou Commission's headquarters.

My vision started to blur as I stumble, Sara's hands swiftly assisting me. I can see the subtle frown on her face, mixed with concern. Sara sits me on the chair and hands me the glass of water. "Rest for now."

I gulped down the water, closing my eyes briefly before handing her the glass again. "Sara.. why do I have to prove myself to him every time?"

Sara's eyebrows knits together, parting her lips. "You have nothing to prove, [y/n]. Remember that," Sara soothes, hand reaching out to caress the back of my hand with her lithe fingers subtly. A act she does to comfort me whenever and wherever ever since we were little. "Did he scold you again?"

I hum, confirming her suspicions. Sara lowers her head, pursing her lips. I hear the faint sound of her teeth grinding briefly, as she speaks. "I apologize. You never had to go through this. I failed to protect you again," Sara apologizes as I felt my heart clench.

"This isn't your fault Sara. Don't apologize sister." I sat properly, interlacing my hands with hers. "We have each other, okay? As long as we both are together, it'll be alright."

Sara lowers her head deliberately, as I rest my forehead against hers briefly while muttering; "it's not your fault sister. Never will be," I pull back. "I'll take better care of myself next time so you needn't worry."

"