𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘: 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

THE FAINT SOUND OF a feathery quill scratching against parchment echoed within the closed office of a certain general in the Tenryou Commission

THE FAINT SOUND OF a feathery quill scratching against parchment echoed within the closed office of a certain general in the Tenryou Commission. Stacked papers were displayed at the front of her desk, that she has yet to skim through. "[y/n]?" An familiar colleague of hers calls out from the other side of the door. "Come in 'Zou."

The intellectual detective opened the door to her office, holding more documents that she particularly requested. "Have you done the task I requested you of?" [y/n] smiled a tad bit warmly, earning a brief nod from Heizou.

"Hey, I hope you know it's not good to order your colleagues around." Heizou pursed his lips, crossing him arms across his chest in dismay. "My apologies, this matter is a bit important since it concerns the fatui lingering around Inazuma." [y/n] informed with a stretch.

"Do you remember when I went on a mission to check what was going on between the fatui?" [y/n] queried, accepting the documents Heizou gave her from his recent investigation. "I do.. but you only came back with vague clues."

"I did think this had something to do with the sixth harbinger as he has roots in Inazuma, according to the Gūuji of the Grand Narukami Shrine. But it was said that he ran away with the gnosis in-hand so they're chasing after him at the moment." [y/n] mutters, skimming through the papers efficiently with a short hum. "Zou, this is a entirely different investigation than what I asked you of..?"

"This is about the Kairi Clan." the tengu-general reaffirms, shooting a perplexed glance at the detective. "I'd appreciate if you were to stop calling me 'Zou.' But, look a bit more closely. They have been making recent transactions with various items from Snezhnaya."

"And the former mistress of the house has been out a bit more lately, she had been embarrassed these past few years to even walk outside her room after it was found out that she was scheming to put her daughter beside the Yashiro Commissioner. And, I checked their funds.. it turns out that it has been dwindling as of late." Heizou informed promptly, and it wasn't long before [y/n] understood it.

"And I've seen one of the items they've purchased being shipped coincidentally while I was out conducting other investigations, clearly it wasn't easy to get a hold of that lest you are close with high-ranking officials in Snezhnaya." Heizou adds on with his theory, as [y/n] placed the paper down to think momentarily. "Do you think they could be selling protected information to the Fatui?" [y/n] questioned, as Heizou reluctantly nodded.

"In return they get those ridiculous items.." the tengu general let out a airy sarcastic laugh, massaging her temples with ease. "Did you put a tail on Kairi Natsuya, 'Zou?" She asked.

"Of course, I'm expecting a report later at noon." Heizou grins, earning a reaffirming nod from the tengu-general. "Good, I knew I could count on you. We need to collect evidence for the time being, and we'll see if this needs to get to the Shogun if they've been dabbling in more illegal transactions and selling out protected information."