𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

"DON'T YOU THINK ITTO likes you, [y/n]?" The Guuji of the Narukami Shrine who sat on her desk suddenly quips, [y/n] who was skimming through a random novel that Yae Miko handed to her lifts her gaze up to glimpse at the latter

"That's funny. If he were to like someone I'd imagine it would be Sara, I'm sure you've seen them argue on the board in Ritou." [y/n] chuckles, waving it off nonchalantly. "Sara and Itto would make a good enemies to lovers troupe."

"You're right. Maybe I should suggest that to one of the editors.." Yae Miko ponders in thought, making the tengu-general shake her head with a laugh. "I don't think Sara would like the attention though."

"You don't like it as well, don't you?" Yae Miko arches her eyebrow, whilst the tengu general simply smiles. "There was a time in my career as a general working for the Tenryou Commission, I received a lot of backlash and many who criticized me."

"It was because I was too soft and friendly, and maybe because I was rebellious." [y/n] murmurs blatantly, an unreadable expression painted over her face. "I don't know about Sara though, maybe she simply prefers not getting the attention."

Yae Miko hums understandably, [y/n] knew that Yae Miko probably witnessed that part in her life considering that was what made Yae reach out to her in a matter of both perplexity and pity. [y/n]'s mood soured.

She recollects the ingenuine tone Takayuki had when he congratulated her with whatever achievements she achieved, because in the eyes of her father she was never enough. [y/n] didn't aim to please everyone but there was a pit inside her that sought after that validation which swallowed her whole. 

not once did she ever turn her back on Sara, valuing her relationship with her sister more than anything else. "Hey, don't get distracted now." The perplexed tone of Yae Miko sliced through her thoughts.

The Guuji held up three fingers and waved it in-front of the Tengu General. "Don't get so caught up in the past. Kujou Takayuki is scum, earning his validation won't get you anywhere little one."

"You should know that by now, [y/n]. I do not necessarily keep you close because I sympathize with you nor pity you, but because I know you're strong. It's rare for me to compliment anyone so consider this a rare achievement." Yae Miko chides, an breathy laugh from the laughter cracking the silence after her statement. "Right, thank you, wise and beautiful Guuji of the Grand Narukami Shrine."

The fox envoy rolled her eyes, motioning for her to go. "Run along now, I need to get back to work. Being the Chief Priestess comes with hefty responsibilities, Meet your prince charming or whoever else." Yae Miko huffs, folding her arms across her chest.

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you for allowing me to read one of the novels." [y/n] chuckles, standing up and leaving the novel on the wooden desk. "I'll take my leave,"

. . .

TIME PASSED IN THE LAND OF ETERNITY, as it is now in the middle of the cherry blossom season. Sakura petals wafted through the air, the distant rustling of it's petals didn't fall on deaf ears. I open my hand to catch a wandering sakura petal, an smile easily curving onto my face.