𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗: 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄

[Y/N] PURSES HER LIPS, SKIMMING through the posts and other things requested for the festival hosted by the Yashiro Commission

[Y/N] PURSES HER LIPS, SKIMMING through the posts and other things requested for the festival hosted by the Yashiro Commission. She bit the end of her pen in thought before scribbling down on the blank pages, head raising when she hear footsteps approaching.

She was currently left alone in the meeting hall of Tenshūkaku, all the other shogunates left to give her some space to work. 'Did someone forget something?' [y/n] chimed inwardly, shrugging her shoulders before continuing to work.

Although she accepted such an peculiar request, she seemed to be doing her work quite diligently. 'Sara is with the Shogun so I needn't worry if Her Excellency requests something and oh..! Itto would likely play around at the festival, I need to loosen the restrictions a bit and make sure no one would discriminate against him.. and the products with soybean too..' the tengu general buried her head between the paperworks, subtle creases forming on her forehead.

Someone knocked on the wooden door thrice, clearing heir throat. "Sorry to interrupt, I left my logbook.." The Yashiro Commissioner trails off, noticing the focused form of the tengu-general who didn't bother to greet him back.

"The bookshelf to the left at the top corner, you will likely find your logbook there. I advise to not leave it in such places." [y/n] points with a finger at the bookshelf, rather indifferent. "People sometimes won't hesitate to bury heir noses where it shouldn't be. Do you get it?" She quipped, writing continuously on the scroll nonchalantly.

"Yes, thank you." Ayato responded, quick on his feet to grab the logbook where it should be. Sneaking another glimpse at the tengu-general, and it felt like he was back to square one. Only capable of sneaking glances at her without another word, because they weren't close enough to be considered friends. Deja Vū washed over his senses, taking him back to a scenario when they were years momentarily.

"Do you perhaps need anything else from me, Lord Kamisato?" [y/n] places her pen down, leaning towards the table as she tilts her head at the Yashiro Commissioner with a blank gaze mixed with perplexity. "I've noticed that you kept looking at me, so do forgive me for jumping to a conclusion."

Ayato feigns a worry-less smile, grasping the logbook within his hands. "I simply find it amusing to see you diligently working for the festival. I wish that you had that same amount of concentration for us before." Ayato whispers the last few sentences with a smile ; before giving the tengu-general a friendly nod and walking away.

[y/n] bit her lower lip with a bittersweet smile that tugged on the edges of her lips, resuming her work. "I wish that you could've said that to my face too, why whisper it?" She mutters under her breathe, noticing the heavy shift on the atmosphere. "I.. would've talked it out with you if you said it aloud but I suppose you simply wished to avoid the topic of our past."

she scratches the nape of her neck momentarily with a vigorous shake of her head, an languid sigh slipping past her lips. "I need to get back to work." [y/n] thinks to herself - there was other things she needed to take care of promptly.