𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆

"HEY, HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT that kid Lord Takayuki adopted? She and her sister was given a title by the Almighty Shogun, but the girl named [y/n] was said to be stealing her sister's achievements to get more famous

"HEY, HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT that kid Lord Takayuki adopted? She and her sister was given a title by the Almighty Shogun, but the girl named [y/n] was said to be stealing her sister's achievements to get more famous." The shogunates whispered to one another during lunch-break, noticing the said-trainee walk past them. "Really? How greedy.. it hasn't even been a week since the Shogun rewarded them."

[y/n] pursed her lips, clenching her fists before accidentally bumping into a person. "Oh - I'm so sorry." She profusely apologized, before recognizing the man to be a general who frowned in distraught. "Seriously, can't you even watch where you're going?" He seethed, arching an eyebrow mildly.

"You're already causing a commotion just by walking around.. tch." He grumbled, before walking past her. [y/n] simply heaved a sigh, attempting to calm her nerves before navigating herself towards the headquarters. 'I.. shouldn't let these incessant thoughts bother me.'

"Excuse me, where is Sara?" [y/n] asked a nearby servant with a hopeful smile who simply hummed in response. "Lady Sara was said to be summoned to Tenshūkaku by the Shogun.. she was quite hurried on her way there out of excitement." The servant simply heaved a sigh, giving the latter's shoulder a light tap before walking away.

"Oh.." [y/n] thought to herself, clenching her fists before relaxing. 'I feel like I'm not welcome here anyway so I will take a quick walk.' The young tengu thought to herself before sneaking out the premises, it was as she thought. She would have a hard time adjusting to the people here..

Inwardly, she expected Sara to be on the same page as her but they weren't. Her sister was eager to serve the Shogun, and learn all about her savior on that day. While [y/n] didn't even wield a vision, much less have a goal in mind.

The young tengu sat on the foot of a mountain, in a dreary and unpleasant mood. Seemingly lost in her wide train of thoughts, she didn't notice a certain fox envoy coming down the mountain. 'A child?' Yae Miko, the Gūuji of the Grand Narukami Shrine chimed inwardly in curiosity.

'That's a tengu mask, could it be that child Takayuki adopted?' The Gūuji treads silently, attempting to catch a good look at the girl. 'I think it was Sara.. no, that one was said to have visited Tenshūkaku. It must be [y/n] then.'

'What is Takayuki's child doing here moping around pitifully at the foot of the shrine?' Yae Miko pursed her lips, curiosity piqued within her.  'I wonder if all those rumors surrounding her are false.'

"Excuse me there, little one?" Yae Miko approaches with a benevolent smile, immediately capturing the attention of the young child. "Oh! I apologize if I was blocking your way.. I was out of it for a few minutes." She bowed apologetically in one swift motion, fiddling with the hem of her kimono nervously.

Yae Miko simply brushed it off with a small smile, in a attempt to ease the young tengu's nervousness. "If I may ask, are you here to visit the Grand Narukami Shrine?" Yae Miko queried, a small gasp slipping past [y/n]'s lips.