𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓

I HEAVED A LANGUID SIGH, placing a hand atop my forehead a bit frustratedly

I HEAVED A LANGUID SIGH, placing a hand atop my forehead a bit frustratedly. I have finished my duties for the day and all the work needed to be finished, time has passed since my encounter with the Kamisato siblings.

"[y/n]," someone called out to me, slicing through my trance. I turn my head and recognized it to be Sara. "Are you exhausted?" She stood next to me, as I laugh softly. "I am."

I link arms with Sara, resting my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes. "We should head back to the estate if you're exhausted." Sara murmurs, motioning for me to remove my head.

"Alright then." I yawn into the palm of my hand, as we walk towards the estate. "What's bothering you?" Sara queries once we were out of the city, concern lacing her tone. She knitted her eyebrows as I rub the base of my neck.

"I.. don't know either." I hesitate, pursing my lips. But it was the truth, something bothered me ever since I saw Ayato and Azula. It was an undescribable feeling, was it envy? But then again, why would I be envious?

Sara purses her lips, a bit discontent. "What do you think about becoming the Tenryou Commissioner?" The words that left her mouth instantly bewildered me. "The Tenryou Commissioner? Me?" I stammer in disbelief, eyes wide.

"Well yes.." Sara trails off, scratching her cheek lightly. "You're more than fit for the position, You're well-versed in politics and possess great power and influence in the Tenryou Commission. But I suggest you don't think too much about it as it was only a mere thought."

"You have been in my shadow for so long [y/n], there were things that you achieved yourself but you allowed me to get the credit. Do you think you don't deserve it?" Sara quipped, fixing the angle of her tengu-mask. Something she did whenever she was nervous. "You've always been generous for others but never to yourself.. so I thought maybe you might've been interested in the position of Commissioner."

I pause in my steps, my acts of generosity were always something I did both unconsciously and consciously. 'Sara was actually concerned about that..' the edges of my lips curve upwards, easily keeping my thoughts at bay.

" Kamaji is a decent acting clan-head isn't he? Truthfully, I think I wouldn't last as a commissioner. You know I am person who dislikes being bound by swarms of paperwork and too many urgent responsibilities. " i purse my lips, diverting my gaze. " the public eye would also be on my tail, following my every move. "

"The spotlight.. makes me uncomfortable." I balled up my fists, as Sara reaches to embrace me. Her warmth was reassuring, Sara always understood my feelings even if it was all complicated and hard to comprehend. The spotlight was blinding, capable to grow greed inside you and cloud your mind with an desire to seek more power.

If you had more power, people would ultimately cower before you and admire you greatly in fear. If you were weak, then you will be deemed as pathetic behind your back and picked on by those in the higher ranks. That was always the play in the world of politics.