𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒

[Y/N] STRETCHES HER ARMS, opening the wooden door to her office right after

[Y/N] STRETCHES HER ARMS, opening the wooden door to her office right after. She went on a quick morning run after training the new recruits into the Shogunate, there she saw a small hand-written letter with a fresh bottle of water on her desk. The tengu-general sat down on the kōtatsu, eyes visibly softening at the familiar handwriting.

'I apologize for saying that to you, [y/n]. I've reflected on it a lot these days, and I now sympathize with your struggles. I'm sorry for being ignorant as your twin and focused on my own beliefs, I will try to be better from now onwards -sincerely signed, Sara.'

She looks around her table and spotted a paper bag filled with sweet pastries, her lips ajar in bewilderment. [y/n] slowly closed the letter and slipped it into the drawer of her desk, abruptly standing up to find her twin. Fortunately, it didn't take her long to find Sara who was reviewing papers in the main halls.

"Sara..!" [y/n] immediately embraces her twin, feeling her heart ache in regret at the hurtful words she said in the heat of the moment. "I'm sorry. You doubted yourself because of me, I.." she buries her head in the crook of Sara's neck, closing her eyes while Sara simply stilled.

"Hey.. don't fret over it, you were indeed correct. It was only right I reflect over my actions."  Sara warmly spoke, ruffling the former's locks. "I knew that it must've been hard for you but I still disregarded your feelings, that alone makes me lack as your twin sister."

"You're enough. Don't say that." [y/n] persists, an solemn frown appearing on her face. "I can not blame you for worrying about me either, I understand that you may be wary of the Yashiro Commissioner but I assure you.. he won't put me in harm's way deliberately."

"You are willing to accept the danger that comes with being together with him?" Sara couldn't help but question, as [y/n] pulled away with a warm smile that was the opposite of the vision she wields. "I always did, Sara. I only wasn't able to stay with him half a decade ago because both the Yashiro and Tenryou Commission's name would be tarnished. My country comes first above all. I'm certain it was the same for him."

"You still loved him after all these years.." Sara murmurs under her breathe in bewilderment, earning an amused chuckle from her twin. "Listen, my twin. You will someday come to understand why I was so loyal to him, because who knows, maybe you'll meet a person that will make you want to wake up everyday just to catch sight of them and their smile." [y/n] cheekily winks, with a laugh.

"So, don't blame me for being like this." The former grins, reaching out to give Sara's hand a reassuring squeeze. "He doesn't deserve you." Sara quipped, shaking [y/n]'s hand as if it'll convince her.

"Of course he doesn't. But he's trying a bit hardly to be deserving y'know," [y/n] raises her eyebrows, in the back of her mind she was a bit surprised that she was having this conversation with Sara. "Anyways, enough about Ayato. Kamaji was thinking of hosting a birthday banquet for the both of us." [y/n] effortlessly diverts the topic.