Scaramouche, Scaramouche, Will He Do The Fandango?

Celestia. The land of the gods, as the mortals would call it. They would raise their heads up into the sky. If they were lucky, one could see Celestia through the lazily sailing clouds. It was a paradise far from their reach. A land only for the divine.

But what does the ultimate divine see from above when they look down at the world, downtrodden and scarred harshly by countless wars?

The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles merely closed her eyes as the last flame of a god's life flickered away like a candle blown out. With their hands clasped and their heads bowed, her subjects quietly awaited their orders.

Turning around majestically, her robes billowing, The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles ordered, "Sound the horns. The seven thrones have been claimed. The Archon War has ended."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Scaramouche."

In a burst of crackling Electro energy, a young boy with hair as blue as the midnight sky materialised before her, his black robes fluttering to a gentle stop as he said curtly, "Your Majesty."

"See to it that the Gnoses are delivered to the respective gods safely."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

As Scaramouche left, The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles once again contemplatively looked down at the world below. The world that now will have seven Archons, seven regions, seven elements. Seven pieces on the chessboard. It would have been perfect, except...

"Khaenri'ah," she growled.

The eighth, final piece of the puzzle was missing.

***

Horns.

Xiao paused, analyzing the mysterious sound that seemed to be coming from nowhere but everywhere. It echoed throughout the open plains, shaking the ground and the air - or was it just in his head?

Just when he thought he went crazy, he heard it again for the second time.

"Did-did you guys hear that?"

Indarias was trembling from head to toe, looking like the slightest gust of wind would scare her off. Menogias grumbled something incomprehensible. Bosacius pursued his lip grimly. The only person who showed the littlest of positivity was Bonanus who clapped her hands in attention.

"No time to idle around!" she proclaimed in her deep, mature and commanding voice. "Something must have happened. Let's return to Mount Aocang to check the situation."

***

Somewhere far away in another region, through the fierce storm, even the sound of the divine horns could be heard. A blond boy making his way through the whipping storm perked up at the unusual sound.

A smile made a way onto his lips.

"It's finally over."

***

Upon returning, Xiao found all the adepti up in alarm too, conversing urgently amongst themselves. This was the first time Xiao had come back since reading Aether's letter, so he couldn't help but give the place a swift look, searching for a bob of blond hair in the sea of various colours.

Sadly, there were none.

Aether probably wouldn't be back until the end of the Archon War. Despite knowing that, he still had a tiny ray of hope that Aether would be here. Being here...he can't help but feel jittery as he stood together with the crowd of nervous adepti, awaiting under the starry sky of Mount Aocang for something to happen.