No Homo Or Full Homo?

An irritated Scaramouche stampeded through the sparkling white hallways of the Palace of Celestia like a massive storm. Somewhat, literally. Other residents of Celestia did their best to steer away. That messenger of Celestia was known for his bad temper after all.

Even the guards of Her Majesty's chamber stood deathly still as he threw open the heavy double marble doors with ease. The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles, sat with her leg crossed on her uplifted throne, squinted disdainfully down at the approaching storm.

"What is it, Scaramouche?" she asked impassively, her voice echoing in the large, empty chamber.

Scaramouche got onto a knee, bowing his head respectfully despite his mood.

"Your Majesty, the Gnoses have been safely delivered to their respective gods," Scaramouche reported, his voice insignificant and miniscule compared to that of The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles'. It was as if this chamber was designed to create this effect: to remind Her Majesty's subjects that they were nothing compared to her glory.

The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles put her head on her arm, as bored as ever.

"You may leave if that is all, then."

"Actually, I have more to report. If I may, Your Majesty?"

Now that has gotten the goddess' interest. She sat up straighter, placing her hands on her lap. "Speak."

"This one had just returned from Liyue to deliver the Gnosis of Geo to Morax," Scaramouche said tersely. "But I have encountered something - or rather, someone - peculiar over there."

The goddess hummed in approval for Scaramouche to continue. Willingly and a little enthusiastically, Scaramouche proceeded, "Your Majesty, might you have missed out a god?"

Faster than one could blink, magenta cubes shot out from behind The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles and slammed Scaramouche into the opposite wall with an ear-splitting boom. Simply from the sheer force of the impact, dust rained down from the ceiling and there was a visible crater in the previously pristine smooth marble wall. However, the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles wasn't so merciful. With the same magenta cubes, she dragged the barely conscious Scaramouche towards her stoic face.

"You dare doubt my judgement?" she spoke emotionlessly. But Scaramouche knew better than anyone that Her Majesty does not show much emotions outwardly. Even if she sounded detached, behind her cold hard golden eyes, a roaring, furious fire burned. One that could incinerate every living creature without them noticing.

"Of course I don't," Scaramouche croaked, his voice barely above a whisper. The taste of blood was fresh in his mouth. Amazing. Was this how it felt to be injured? "I am simply bringing someone of suspicion to light...Your Majesty."

As The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles contemplated on his wordings, Scaramouche was trying his best not to black out as black dots like a swarm of pesky bees threatened to engulf his vision and rob him of his senses. If that were to happen...who knew what Her Majesty would do to him?

"Very well," she finally declared. The magenta cubes relinquished its hold on Scaramouche's back, causing him to fall like a ragged doll and onto the stone hard floor. "I shall leave this matter into your hands. Find your so-called god. Observe them. If they are worthy, bring them to Celestia. If not...kill them."

***

As expected, the adepti threw a party to celebrate the end of the Archon War. Aether would have joined in with the fun, but between finally getting a rest from his eleven year journey and reuniting with Xiao, he wasn't in the mood to party. Moreover, he had a promise to keep. One that he would never forget for he had carved it into his very being.