You Got Mail!

In Celestia, there were eight thrones. The grandest one in the centre of it all was for the omnipotent god: Her Majesty, The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles. The other seven, newly built and elaborately designed according to their element, were for the seven Archons, currently crowned rulers of seven regions in Teyvat.

Despite the power the Archons hold over their subjects, they were feeble compared to The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles. At first, they had convinced themselves that as long as Celestia allowed them to rule their respective regions in their own ways, there would be no matter.

For 3100 years, no one has ever set foot into The Sanctum of Light. The once spotless, sparkling and imperial sanctum, closed to the world for thousands of years. Even if curious, no normal god was granted entry by those sealed doors.

Until today.

The air had never been so intense. Making their grandiose way towards The Sanctum of Light were the Seven and The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles. Even gods who lived on Celestia choked in the intensity of their power. Not a single soul came close. Instead, they settled on gawking and whispering among themselves at the once-in-a-lifetime event.

Was perhaps the world coming to an end?

One of the gods paused in his tracks, looking over at a huddled group of goddesses. Cheerfully, he waved at them, his turquoise eyes curved in crescents. The goddesses swooned and squealed at having gotten one of the Seven's attention. However, that was short-lived as said god was pulled by the hood by a taller, rocky-armed god.

"Barbatos, behave yourself," the rocky-armed god lectured sternly.

"I just wanted to lighten the mood! Don't be so stiff, Morax," the winged god, Barbatos, whined. Shaking himself free, he got back onto his feet, even if he stumbled a bit.

"We're seniors here, Barbatos," Rex Lapis stated. "We should show better-"

"Are you alright, Barbatos?"

A girl who looked around the age of fifteen fretted over Barbatos, looking around for injuries. But Rex Lapis knew that she wasn't just some teenage girl. Skin as pale as snow, eyes as big and white as the rarest pearls and the tips of her long black hair tinged with the faintest of white, she was the Tsaritsa, the newly ascended Cryo Archon.

Rex Lapis fell silent on the smug grin Barbatos was throwing him. Facing the Cryo Archon whose expression spelt concern, he imitated a look of pain.

"Don't worry, I'm fine!" he said, giving a strained smile. Rex Lapis couly only huff at Barbatos' shenanigans. He still found it astonishing how Barbatos, who slept most of his time, managed to get the Tsaritsa to become his apprentice. He supposed there are still many things to learn in this world.

At last, they stood in front of the sealed doors of The Sanctum of Light. The Archons, save for Rex Lapis and Barbatos, inhaled at the ravishing sight.

With a dome made of curved glass, walls made of smooth limestone and a dark oak door embellished with intricate linings of golden metal like vines, it was an awe-inspiring, grand building, fit for the meeting of the strongest powers in Teyvat.

As if recognising them, the seal over the door disappeared soundlessly. The door swung open of its own accord, welcoming the eight gods in.

The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles entered first. The Archons quietly followed in her stead.

Seeing the interior after 3100 years, Rex Lapis can't help but be impressed. It still looked the same, with not a single speck of dust tainting the floor or the thrones. It was as if time had frozen in here, which he was sure Baal, god of eternity, would approve. Sure enough, when he glanced over, there was an approving look in her usually haughty lavender eyes.

The glass dome bestowed upon the room a godly aura. Streaks of gentle sunlight washed the room bright, making 'The Sanctum of Light' a fitting name for such a place.

However, the most impressive thing that Rex Lapis has to admire was how the vast circular room was divided evenly into eight from the centre. The patterns, colours and style of each part were uniquely tailored to fit the element of their Archon.

Except for one that ran black, wholly black.

That of which belonged to Her Majesty, The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles.

It was only when each god had taken their own seat that The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles announced in a deep, commanding voice, "Archons of Teyvat - the Seven - you will be able to prove to Celestia your worthiness in succeeding the throne. In two days, we are going to war."

***

Barely anyone would know that Teyvat was at its most vulnerable now with no Archon overseeing the entire world. If Khaenri'ah was to launch a direct attack on any of the seven regions, not even their Archon can swoop in in time to help out.

Aether and Scaramouche had taken this chance to leave a message at each of the Archon's abodes. While The Sustainer of Heavenly Principles and the seven Archons were occupied, they managed to infiltrate each abode with ease.

"Honestly, I doubt this would work at all." Scaramouche frowned as he watched Aether leave a handwritten letter, complete with his own seal, on the doorstep of the abode at Mount Aocang. "And isn't Morax your own god? Why would you need to leave a letter for him too?"

"It's formality," Aether sighed. "Besides, this is the only way we can evade suspicion from your god."

"She would no doubt destroy you without hesitation if she found out about this," Scaramouche agreed. "Which reminds me, you are going to uphold the deal we made, right? I hope you didn't forget."

"Of course I didn't forget." Straightening up, Aether did a big stretch. It was totally exhausting running around Teyvat to deliver these letters - what's more, knowing that they had a short limited amount of time. Luckily, there was Scaramouche to guide him to each of the Archon's abodes and teleport waypoints to shorten his journey. If not, he might as well have collapsed or run out of time.

"Good." Scaramouche nodded. "My life hangs on this, you know."

"And I'm counting on you too."

***

It wasn't long after that Rex Lapis returned back to Mount Aocang in his regal dragon form, swooping in and out of the night. Transforming back into a human vessel, he was about to enter the abode when he noticed he had stepped on something folded.

"Hm? What's this?"

Upon picking up and opening the strange letter, his Cor Lapis eyes hardened, shimmering with mixed emotions. Because in the contents of the letter, there only contained one sentence - one that could shake the entirety of Teyvat:

'Would you be interested in joining Khaenri'ah's side?'

A/N:
Aether: Join the dark side. We have Dandelion Wine
Barbatos: I'm down sis where we meetin