Aether Gets A Brain Fart

Within several minutes, Aether, Xiao and Scaramouche arrived at the front gates of the palace. It was even more breathtaking up close. Giant beams of light were shone at the palace from various angles; a palace straight out of a fantasy book. Wrought iron fences lined the entire perimeter of the palace. Every couple of meters, a stoic armed guard stood watch unmovingly.

"Security's pretty tight," Scaramouche commented. "Not bad."

"Hey there!" Aether greeted the two guards stationed at the front gates brightly.

With only a sparing glance, they minded their own business. Scaramouche was beyond astounded. Was Aether that well-acquainted with the royal family?

Turns out Aether had been not only watching Khaenri'ah, but had the spare time to get to know the royal family. Because not only did all the guards disregard him, he apparently knew very well how to navigate through the many confusing corridors and twists and turns of the palace as if it was his backyard.

Still, it took them seemingly forever to reach two heavy sets of tall azure doors. On each door, golden-lined swirls and circles ran like an elaborate deep art piece. It was a satisfying mess, but Scaramouche can't help but think it looked like one's interpretation of the night sky.

"We're here," Aether announced.

"We better be," Scaramouche grumbled, trying his best not to show his exhaustion. He hadn't had such a long, winding walk in centuries. "That took away nearly half of my lifespan."

Yet something was off. It may be just him, but weren't royal chambers supposed to have guards around? There were no guards keeping an eye on who might come in and come out. Kind of...suspicious.

"Aether, the One Who Has Touched The Stars, would like to request an audience."

"Come in!" called a rather pipsqueak voice.

...

Was that really how the King sounded?

His question was somewhat answered when Aether pushed open the doors. A soft, crimson red carpet led to two thrones. One is larger and wider, while the one on its right is slightly smaller. Scaramouche would have liked to observe the room in more detail, but he was too busy trying to comprehend why the hell was a smug child sitting on the King's throne.

"Prince Kaeya!" Aether exclaimed, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Hehe, were you fooled by my imitation of dad's voice?" the boy, Kaeya, smirked. Oh, that little gremlin-

But then Kaeya's cerulean blue eyes landed on Scaramouche, his chubby face lightening up.

"You brought a visitor!" Kaeya whooped. Then, finding Xiao standing beside Aether, he beamed even more joyfully. "And Xiao too!"

"Hello," Xiao said.

"Sorry for coming here without notice," Aether chuckled. "Prince Kaeya, where are your parents? Scaramouche and I here have something to discuss with them."

"Oh, mom and dad?" Kaeya mused, playing with his aegean blue ponytail. "They're in mom's favourite garden. Two giant flying rocks flew into it! - apparently."

Aether visibly became as white as a sheet. Xiao winced. Scaramouche was just Scaramouche, not knowing what in Celestia was going on.

When Aether and Xiao didn't continue to say anything, the silence stretched long and uneasy. Even Kaeya was uncomfortably shifting on the throne. Scaramouche sighed. These helpless idiots.

"If it's alright with Your Highness," Scaramouche said pleasantly in a smooth tone. "May we wait here for the King and Queen to return?"

"Er...sure, I guess." Kaeya shrugged. "But if you ask me, it'll be easier to just go to the gar-"

That was when the doors behind them slowly swung open. Standing proud and grandly on the threshold were the King and Queen. The King wore a fluffy white cape over a blue button-up and black trousers; the Queen was dressed in an ethereal wine red gown, her aegean blue hair tied in an elegant bun. Aether hastily bowed and so did Xiao. Scaramouche, however, did a curtsy.

"Your Highness," they said in unison.

"My, my," the King smiled, young and lanky. "What a surprise. Please stand."

The three of them stood to attention as the King and Queen passed by them to approach their glorious thrones. Behind them followed Dainsleif, face as stony as ever. And beside him-

Aether choked. Xiao looked up to see what was going on and froze too.

It has been 3100 years. Lumine, his sister, was edgily walking by Dainsleif's side. Aether guessed that she was feeling guilty about the meteorite crash, not that they had any control of it.

Nevertheless, the most important problem was still here.

He was totally not ready to meet Lumine.

Even if he were to get away now, it would make the King and Queen suspicious and make his travel fruitless. Not to mention, they would probably have to greet him anytime now and blow whatever chance he had of hiding his identity.

Wait. Why did he even want to hide his identity? Was it really that bad to be exposed?

"Aether, what do you want to do?" Xiao whispered into his ear. Aether knew what he did now mattered at this moment, but upon seeing Lumine, his brain had stopped altogether, 3100 years of effort finally settling in.

That was also when Lumine decided to glance at them. She paused halfway in her steps, Dainsleif looking back at her questioningly.

"Ah, Aether, perfect timing." Dainsleif nodded, completely ignoring how Aether jumped on the spot when his name was mentioned.

"Aether?" Flabbergasted, she pointed at Aether. "You mean this fella?"

"Yeah."

"True, their similarity is uncanny," the Queen laughed, patting Kaeya who sat on her lap. "One might even think they're lost siblings!"

"Bro?" Lumine said.

"Bro?" Scaramouche repeated, raising his eyebrows.

Guess he didn't have a choice now but to improvise. May the Archons bless his soul. Giving a weak smile, he waved. "Hi, Lumine."

"What in tarnation," she breathed.

"It's a long story," Aether helplessly groaned. "Mind if I explain it to you later?"

Usually, she would have burst out in a fit. Although, in the present situation, with her barely knowing what was going on in this world, she considered a few moments before huffing out a reluctant, "Alright."

Now that the action was over, the King cleared his throat, turning everyone's attention to him.

"So, to what pleasure do I owe you Aether and Xiao? And.."

"Scaramouche, messenger of Celestia," Scaramouche introduced himself.

"Oh, from Celestia?" The Queen covered her mouth gracefully. Yet there was no denying that a dark, grey cloud had formed over their heads.

"Yes, if I may, Your Highness."

Walking up to the centre of the room, by the feet of the King and Queen of Khaenri'ah, Scaramouche got onto one knee.

With an amiable smile, he said, "Stop the production of Mechanias, or risk the extinction of your nation."

A/N: 
Aether: There is only one thing worse than a rapist. Boom.
Scaramouche: A child.
Xiao: No.

I'm sure you guys have noticed that the title and description disappears at times. I'm not removing it intentionally. I will try to fix it every time it happens but pls bear w me if it doesn't appear :')