🖇CHAPTER 4

YUNA'S POV

I annoyingly scratched my head as I take the path towards the school gate. I can't even walk straight! We had PE this afternoon and unlucky for me, I sprained my ankle, it was not that serious as what the nurse had said and yes i can walk... WHILE LIMPING!

"Yah! Aren't you going home today?" I looked at my side when Kai appeared out of nowhere, taking my backpack from me and started carrying it, supporting me to walk a little nicer.

OH GOD HEART! JUST STOP BEATING SO FAST! I KNOW YOUR CRUSH IS BESIDE YOU BUT JUST PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME AND CALM DOWN YOU GODDAMN HEART!

I mentally screamed.

"Not yet, I'll be going to the tteokbokki stall! Lia unnie would treat me to tteokbokki!" He looked at me from head to toe which made me raise my brows. "In that situation? You'd choose to eat tteokbokki than taking a rest?" For a second, he sounded so worried that it immediately made my heart stop.

"Yah! I'm Shin Yuna! I am as strong as a steel" I muttered and started flexing my arms like as if I had big muscles and stuff. He scoffed and I just rolled my eyes. The stall was a walking distance in my school so there's really no need to worry.

I couldn't help but notice Kai beside me. He was carrying his bag on the back and mine is on the front, however, he seems fidgety and something was bothering him. "Say it"

"What? Huh?"

"I've known you for years...I know you want to say something, go on" I said. I almost fell down but the good thing was that he held me back up.

"Well actually...I heard that Wonyoung would be sorting out the freshmens' paper this afternoon and she's all alone...and you know, I want to help and spend time with her...is it okay if you can go to the stall ny yoursel?" I feel like my heart was cut just now, I hadn't even realize that I stopped walking. I shook my head before getting my senses back. "Of course! What am I? A kid? I can handle myself...shooo! Get away from me and have your Wonyoung all for yourself!" I joked.

I am smiling,

But deep down, somewhere at the bottom of my heart, I am visibly hurting.

He didn't smile amd just looked at me with a serious face which made me raise my brows.

"You're weird" I uttered before taking my bag from him and started walking away.

I feel like sht right now.

I want to cry and complain, why can't he-

"Huh?? What are you doing?" I asked, confused as to why Kai, wrapped his arms around my shoulder and retrieves my bag.

"Change of plans! I think I'd like tteokbokki more! Make sure Lia noona treats me too okay?! Or else I'll dump you in the river-OUCH! YAH!" He screamed and moved away when I punched his stomach. A blush crept up my face when I realized something.

Sht!

His stomach is hard now, he used to have those baby fats and double chin.

And why does he seem so fit?!

WHEN DID HE MATURE LIKE THIS?!