🖇CHAPTER 12

LIA'S POV

"So why do we have to sneak in? You can just introduce me as your friend who wants to sleep over! You're being more suspicious this way—"

"Shut up!" I rolled my eyes when he cut off my words, pulling me closer while crawling our way to their garden. It's late! And we're still crawling on the grass like some creepy robbers!

"Sht" I gasped when he suddenly pulled me to hide behind a wall when one of the guards passed by. I think his dad works in the politics that's why they have guards everywhere.

"My heart is really beating so fast right now" I muttered when our our eyes met. I fell on his lap when he pulled me up and sit on the corner. His eyes grew wide before dropping me on the ground.

"Ouch! Seriously...why are we sneaking in? Can't we just walk—"

"Listen. My father is a reserved type of person and he won't let me bring a girl, let alone sleep inside of our house without your hand in marriage"

"Y-You want my hand in marriage? Y-Yah...don't you think were too young for that?" I saw him squint his eyes shut, looking irritated.

Did I say something?

"If zombie apocalypse were to happen, you'd be safe"

"Really??! Why?" I asked, getting excited.

Is it because I'm so smart??!

"It's because zombies, go after the people's brain"

"And what does that mean?"

"You'll be safe because you clearly have none! Jesus christ! Follow my lead and stop talking before I surrender you to the guards as a trespasser" my jaw dropped from what he just said before I started to pout, crawling with him towards the garden.

"That was too personal!" I muttered which he only replied with  smirk, showing his deep dimples.

"Wow! You have ladder connected to your room?" I complemented gleefuly when I saw him getting rid of the small vines that might make us slip. "I bet you like to sneak out when you were still a kid" he gave me a surprised look like as if I just guessed his future or something.

He really does look cute when he's flustered though!

"Yah! I should be the one going up first!" I whispered, pulling him back before grabbing the ladder. I was about to go up when he suddenly pulled my backpack.

"You're wearing a skirt, do you really expect me to watch you go up there? Besides, I need to open my window so I have to go in first. Move."

Right...

I pouted, slowly backing away from the ladder. "Don't leave me okay? I'll seriously scream"

"Tsk!" Was the only thing I heard from him as he climbed his way up, followed by me. I scratched my head when I only managed to sit on his window.

HOW THE HECK CAN MY FEET NOT REACH THE FLOOR? WHAT IS THIS? A GIANT'S HOUSE?

"Just how short can you be?"

"You're window is so tall okay? It's not my fault you're living like a giant! Help me~" I cooed at the last words. I heard him sigh before holding my waist and assisted me to go down.

For someone who acts cold and mean, he sure do have the hands of a gentle giant.

"CHOI SOOBIN!" I almost dropped my heart when a deep baritone voice was heard from outside the door. I couldn't even manage to take a good look around his room. Choi's eyes grew wide, slightly panicking. I hurriedly ran towards his bathroom and locked myself inside.