🖇CHAPTER 18

CHAERYOUNG'S POV

I sighed before finishing off my ice cream. I finished handing out the fliers I was tasked to, so I decided to take a break. After this I'm done for the day!

My whole body is now sore from all the walking and socializing, but it's okay. As long as I get paid!

After saying goodbye to my boss I grabbed my things and started heading to practice. Despite my body aching, I still decided to go since my friends are doing their best and I should too!

"Oh? Chaeryoung!!! Can you bring this to Taehyun?! He really needs this right now. I have to go now or else you'd get involved. Thank you!" I tried to go after Yeonjun oppa who was frantically running away as soon as he handed me a small brown paper bag.

"YEONJUN OPPA WOULD YOU PAY ME FOR THIS?!" I joked, making sure that he hears it, and to my surprise he turned to look at me

"OKAY! I'LL GIVE YOU THE PAYMENT TOMORROW!" my eyes grew wide before smiling.

Yes! Money!

I guess I'd skip practice today.

"Holy—" I almost flew away when a group of guys came running after Yeonjun. That must be why he was running away.

He's crazy...

I happily rode the bus and made my way to Taehyun's place. As soon as I got inside the village and stood in front of the gigantic gate, I immediately sighed upon being greeted by the deafening silence.

Such a beautiful and pretty place and yet, it somehow looked dull and dead.

"Hello! Mrs. In!" I called when I saw her fixing the garbage bag from inside. I met her the last time I also came here and she was really nice!

"I came to give this to Taehyun. Choi Yeonjun asked me"

"Ah? That naughty kid? Come in" she smiled before guiding me inside.

"U can go straight to his room darling, he's probably playing a song or something. I'll bring you guys something to eat later too" I followed what she told me. It's a good thing that I can remember the way to his room. Just from how big his house is, I doubt that anyone would find it easy to reach his room.

"Ta—"

"THIS? THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE BEEN LEARNING?!" I flinched from my spot before taking a few steps back.

I-Is that his Dad?

I covered my ears when I heard grumbling sounds from the insides and a few wooden peices shattering.

"THESE THINGS! YOU WON'T REACH SOMETHING IN LIFE WITH—"

"F-Father...I love music. This is my passion—"

"PASSION?! THAT SHT DOESN'T EXIST KANG TAEHYUN! NOT IN THIS FAMILY!"

"Taeju! that's enough. We'll be late for our flight. I'll go ask Mrs. In to clean all of this"

Was that his mom? She sounded stern and didn't seem to care at all...

W-What is this?!

"You're entering the feild of medicine and that's final" as soon as I heard footsteps clanking away form the room. I scurried away as well, hiding inside the nearest room possible.

The whole place went silent so I decided to take a peek outside. Gently closing the door, I walked my way towards his room.

When I entered the room, I instantly felt how my heart broke into peices. He was just lying on the floor. Beside him was two broken guitars, a piano with missing keys and song arrangements that are torn into peices.

And he was just lying there. Staring at the empty ceiling like as if he's the reflection.

"T-Taehyun-ah" I called before wiping my tears away and walking towards him. Helping him to sit up straight.

"Chaeryoung—" he couldn't finish his words when he suddenly sobbed and there was nothing I can do but to hug him as well. His cries became too loud like as if he was releasing all the pent up emotions inside him all throughout the years.

"I-I didn't mean to be like this..." he started with a shaky voice.

"They made me like this...I wasn't in the psychiatric clinic because my aunt was a therapist...I w-was diagnosed with depression, 2 years ago. I-It just won't go away...unless I put my head into music. I don't even know what to do anymore" I sniffed while gently patting his back.

I didn't know he was like this too.

Those dull eyes.

Fake smiles.

And empty words.

He was so good at it that he got everyone fooled.

"W-WHAT HAPPENED HERE? OH GOD! MY DEAR CHILD" we both turned our heads when we head Mrs. In's voice. She was panicking as tears  started brimming on the corners of her eyes.

"Did they do it again Taehyun-ah?" She ran to hug Taehyun while crying.

She was more of a mother than his real mom.

"Aigoo! You got some scratches. I'll go find the medicine kit. Chaer, please stay with him for a while okay?"

I nodded my head before simply looking at Taehyun who managed to slightly calm down.

"These cost so much money, I can believe this got wasted"

"After all this mess, you're still thinking about money?" He snorted, so I smiled.

"Of course! What are you planning to do with this?" He didn't reply and just stared at it with a blank expression. Completely dull.

"YOU'LL BUY MORE OF COURSE!" I exclaimed which got him slightly taken aback. I scoffed before picking up the wooden shards on the flor and throwing it in the trash bin.

"You're not telling me you're giving up music just like this aren't you? If music heals you. Then what's the point of stopping it? After all, the more they stop you from doing so, the more you get determined to do it" I laughed when he kept on staring at me, wide eyed.

Did he not hear this kind of words before?

"I'll join you buy new guitars on the weekend, as long as you're paying for my fees because I don't have money for that and in return, you get to have a very cute and awesome company! How about that?" I proposed with a big smile.

Tears started dropping from his eyes, one by one as he tries to stifle a sob.

I sat beside him and hugged him from the side once again.

"I'll help you get through this...Thank you, for staying alive"

---
🖇

It's been so long since my last update. I'm so sorry guys! Face to face classes had resumed on our place and I had so much things to do and to prepare. But here's an update now!

Thank you so much for waiting and have a great day!!