🖇CHAPTER 16

LIA'S POV

"Yah! Have you been avoiding us lately? How dare you!" I hung my head low as I tightly gripped my uniform skirt. I'm supposed  to be meeting with Soobin right now to give him the book I stole from him the other day, unfortunately, the bullies found me again.

"I-I wasn't..." I replied softly only to get pushed on the ground.

"Then where are you headed to?"

"I-I'm on m-my way to meet Soobin s-so I can return his book" they smirked before gazing at me.

Please stop shivering Lia!!

Don't show them that you're this scared!!

"Very well...since you're meeting him, we have to let you go for now. Remember to update us about him yeah?" I nodded my head before they picked me up and slightly pushed me so I can leave.

"Oh! And—HAHAHAH" Shocked, I still managed to hug the book even before the coffee was thrown so it won't get drenched. Thank God that the coffee was almost finished and wasn't that hot anymore or else I might burn my arms.

As soon as I left the area, I startes running away, heading to the place where Soobin wanted to meet.  "Oh no..." I muttered under my breath as I saw the edge of the book, wet from the coffee she just threw.

HE SAID THIS BELONGS TO HIS MOM!!

"You're here" he spoke without looking at me. He was busy petting the cat whom he probably fed on the ground. "I-I'm sorry..."

I uttered which got his attention. "W-What the fuck happened to you?" I bursted out into tears when he approached me. He looked so shocked and didn't know what to do but I didn't care.

"THE BOOK GOT WET WITH COFFEE!! I'M SO SORRY" I bawled,  obviously guilty for destroying a book I just stole.

"Y-Yah! That's just a book...STOP CRYING! what happened to you?"

"D-Did you just yell at me? I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T REALLY MEAN IT!" I yelled back, crying a lot more louder than earlier. I really didn't intend for it to happen!!

"I'm not..I-I'm sorry but you really need to calm the fuck down, it's just a book—"

"But you said this belongs to your mother!" He grew silent as he blinked thrice.

I knew it...HE FEELS SAD THAT I DESTROYED THE BOOK!

"I-It does...but you don't have to cry about it! Stop crying" I watch him panic as he searched for his handkerchief before handing it to me in which I gladly took.

I frowned when I noticed how much he was bending down so he can match my height.

I'm not that small... He's just overreacting.

"You've been weeping over a book for 5 minutes straight and not because you got splashed with coffee? You're really something else" he nagged, helping me wipe my uniform.

For someone who looks so unapproachable and stingy, his hands are too gentle.

As always! He's a literal gentle giant!

"Stay here, don't move an inch. I'll be back"

"Aye! Aye! Captain!!!" I replied gleefuly, positioning my hand to do the salute sign which he didn't mind at all and just started jogging away.

He didn't even budge with my cuteness...

MY MOM TOLD ME I LOOK LIKE JUN JI-HYUN AND BAE SUZY!!

A smile crept up my face when I saw his figure, running towards me with something on his hand.