28 | Hide and seek

-Maya-

I jump from my seat and turn my body to face the window where the picture was taken.
The night sky fills the yard with darkness, eliminating any way to see a single figure from where we stand.

"Go check on Luna." Noah says. I run upstairs and rush to Lunas room. When I open the door, she's sound asleep with Buddy protecting her.
He peaks his head up from the blanket, but I just nod my head for him to continue taking care of Luna.

When I get back downstairs, Noah is no where to be found.
I see that the back door was slightly left opening, worrying me if he went outside, or if someone came in.

I rush to the basement to grab a gun. When I open the weapon vault, I feel an hand wrap around my wrist and pull me.

A hand covers my mouth from letting any noises escape, and I'm met with dark eyes.

Noah tells me to quiet done, as he slowly takes his hand away. His eyes follow his hand, but stop at my lips.
This shouldn't be the time to be in a heated position, but how is it that around him it feels like lava surrounds us?

There's little to no room left between us, and he takes his hand from my wrist and moves it to my waist.
"This is not the time." I whisper. "There's never a time and place for us, amor." He whispers back.

He reaches inside his belt to grab his gun and places it in my hand. He gently pecks my lips, making me melt and want more.
"Take it, I'll get a new one." "Are you sure?" I ask, and he nods.

Noah walks around me to go inside the weapon vault and I slowly go back upstairs. I decide to go to the backyard where the picture came from.

I only here the crunching noise of leafs from under my feet, but not even breath could be heard from anyone else outside.

As I decide to go back inside, my body collides with a hard figure.
I knees buckle from the impact and I fall to the ground, dropping Noah's gun in the process.

The figure kicks the gun away, and hovers above me like I'm a child in a haunted play house.
"A pretty little thing." Their voice is raspy like a man and I want to dig my nails into their throat just to silence them.

A gunshot is rung from behind us, and I see Noah standing behind the figure holding a gun. I take the change and reach at the arm and pull them door.
I sit on his body as I do what I wanted and dig one hand of nails into their throat while I push my other hand into the bullet hole.

The sound of his pain brings me pleasure. Knowing this man came close to hurting me and my family, he shouldn't deserve mercy.

I pull on his wound, making it bigger as I create small cuts on his throat. I keep going until I hear his very last breath.

I stand from his body, hearing Noah's footsteps coming closer.
"What should we do with him?" Noah asks me. "Throw him away. Burn him. Doesn't matter, as long as he's not here by morning."

Noah's interlocks our hands and pulls me to him. He takes my bloody hand and holds it close to his chest.
"Shit. I will never disobey you." He says, making me laugh.

"Good to know we're on the same page. Now clean up this mess." I say, walking away from the disaster scene for Noah.
"Seriously?" He yells, but I keep walking to take a shower.

*

I wait inside the living room for Noah to return from disposing the body.
I hear the door close behind me, and I see Noah sweaty, enough sweaty for his shirt to cling to his body.

"Are you already going to sleep?" He asks, and I shake my head. "I was waiting for you." "I'm tired amor." Lame.

Noah signals me to come and sit on his lap, and I follow.
"What happened tonight was a lot. How do you feel?" He asks. To be honest, I feel fine. With how much time I've had to do this, I've gotten used to the feeling during and after.

I let my fingers play with Noah's hair as we talk. "I feel fine, I was just worried about Luna." "I was worried for both of you." Noah responds. "I can take care of myself." "You've definitely proved that." He jokes.

"Amor." He gently says. I lock eyes with Noah, waiting for him to continue.
His warm hand roams against my thigh, making heat spread against my body.

He brings his body and face closer to me.
"You're the most gorgeous and dangerous woman I've ever met." He whispers. "And I'm in love with every part of that."

I can't deny, I am in love with Noah as well, but last time didn't end well for us.
But I want a fresh start. I can't keep letting our actions of the past or the situations that are yet to come ruin our second chance.

There's has to be a reason we found each other that night of the wedding, a reason why he saw Luna and I.

I am madly, deeply, and dangerously in love with Noah Slade. I want to bring out parts of him that he didn't know existed like he did to me.

 Thank you for reading today's chapter

I AM MADLY DEEPLY AND DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY! (and Noah Slade as well 😩)
I am trying to balance school, sports, my job and writing and for right now I seem to be doing fine, but I can't promise it'll always be like this of course, but my grades have been really well but my sport season is about to start so that means afterschool practices and games as well as my job but I will give you updates as soon as possible.

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3