𖢻 Chapter One: Time

Fast and heavy footsteps can be heard loudly through the lobby once a brunet man enters the building.

He clutches on to his bag as he passes through the busy people, excusing himself as he apologizes to those who he had accidentally bumped into.

Making it in the elevator, he glances at his silver watch while mumbling some incoherent words that's most likely aimed to himself.

Once the elevator doors opened again along with a high pitched 'ding' sound, he doesn't wait for any more second to rush off to a certain office.

Knocking on the door, he was soon granted permission to enter the big office from a voice behind the door. "Late again, Lee Jeno."

"I'm s–so sorry, sir Na. I– I got caught up with–" he didn't get to finish his words of reasoning as to why he was late.

The blue haired man waves a lazy hand at him, signaling him to stop while not looking up from his paperwork yet.

Jeno zips his lips tight, fingers curling as he grips on his bag tightly. Anxious to his possible consequence for being late, again.

He waits patiently for the elder man who's sitting on his respective chair behind his desk, signing some paperwork to finish with a black pen.

A few seconds later, the intimidating man drops his pen and finally looks up from his papers, eyeing Jeno's figure carefully.

He clasps his hands as he speaks up, "take a breath first, you're panting a lot." Voice low yet calm at the same time.

Jeno's cheeks began to heat up from embarrassment, nodding slightly as he keeps his head down low in shyness.

Once the brunet man seems to have regained his breath properly, the elder man behind the desk then says, "7 months in the company and you're still more often than not, late."

"I–I'm sorry, Sir Na." The brunet man squeaks out, still stuttering in his words.

Sighing, the blue haired man shakes his head. "I'm going to say this again, and please, Jeno-yah. Manage your time wisely. Keep on track, okay?"

Jeno didn't have the energy to reply with words, so instead he just nodded his head. Thankfully Mr. Na didn't mind as he lets him off to do his own duties.

𖢻

"Jeno-ssi." The said man looks up from his computer, glasses sliding down the tip of his nose while he blinks slowly.

"Yes, Sir?"

Mr. Na stands by the door, hands in his pockets as he eyes Jeno carefully. "It's time for lunch, finish that work later."

"Oh," Jeno immediately glances at the wall clock, "I didn't even notice..." He mumbles.

"Uhm, I'll be there, Sir Na. I just have to finish this for you," he says. Earning a look from the professional man, he then adds. "It's almost done, Sir. I promise."

Mr. Na nods his head curtly, but before he left, he eyes Jeno one last time and then closes the door behind him.

Now, time for a small introduction on who these people are.