𖢻 Chapter Ten: Whereabouts

Jaemin fiddles with his red inked pen between his fingers, occasionally glancing down at his watch wrapped around his wrist while gnawing his lower lip as each second passes by.

Lia, who's in the same room as him, flashes him a worried look. Contrast to what she had shown earlier when this all started.

She had the guts to tease her boss about switching moods between excited and a worrywart. Wiggling her eyebrows here and there whenever he asks about a certain someone.

But now, she's getting anxious too.

"Maybe he's just late...?" She had repeated over and over again for the past few minutes now, even sounding more doubtful of herself than anything.

Jaemin shakes his head, disagreeing with her. "I know he is still struggling to manage his time with work for some personal reasons I haven't dared to ask yet."

"But it's almost an hour," his watch showing the time. Exactly 7:50. "He can be late at times, but has never been this late."

"Ehm, traffic? Perhaps?" Lia tries to guess out loud. "He doesn't have a car, right, Sir Na?"

Even she doesn't have a clue on where the brunet man is at the moment. She has not gotten a call nor a message from him.

Both she and Jaemin had already attempted to contact him, but to no avail. Messages were unread and calls were not picked up.

"That's it," Jaemin abruptly says as he straightens his posture on his office chair. "Once it exactly turns into an hour, I will go look for him."

It might sound ridiculous for a lot of people.

Na Jaemin is suddenly so worried of his secretary's whereabouts and dares to leave work just to go look for him?

Well, Jaemin can't deny but admit that yes, he does have romantic feelings for his secretary, which is why he also cares about his well-being.

He does not care if he is being talked about whether in front of his face or behind his back. Such as a dumb rumor.

Unless you have crossed a specific line. He will definitely fight back, especially if it is also about his loved ones.

Seeing the time ticking until his watch shows it is exactly 8 o'clock, he stands up and hastily spits out instructions for Lia to take care of before disappearing from his office.

𖢻

After trying to navigate where Jeno is at the moment, because he doesn't know where the younger man lives, Jaemin abruptly stops his car and almost bumps into someone.

Sliding his window down to quickly apologize to the stranger, he continues to drive a bit more to follow a familiar brunet man on the sidewalk.

"Jeno?" The person snaps his head to Jaemin's direction in shock, totally not expecting for someone to call out for him.

"M–Mr. Na!" Jeno stammers, eyes blown wide. "What– what are you doing here?"