𖢻 Chapter Nine: Break Time

"I'm telling you, honey. There's a possibility!" Jeno chuckles at her, opening the upper cabinet to search for the coffee sachets.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Lia."

"Here we go again," the ravenette lady sighs in exaggerated despair, rolling her dark orbs at her colleague.

"Come on, have some hope! Lighten up a little, will you?" She whines, eliciting a giggle from Jeno.

"You guys went on a lunch date because he basically asked you out," Jeno blushes at the mention of that while trying to open the sachet.

"You guys got to know each other a bit more but had to cut it short because of time— screw time! I'm pretty sure Mr. Na could have canceled his schedules if he wanted to."

"That would be unprofessional of him, Lia. The reason for that is ridiculous and surely–"

"Doesn't matter, what matters is that would have been so romantic! I think he only didn't do that because he thought he would freak you out... Which is not wrong."

"And didn't he say he makes time for his loved ones despite being a busy man?" Lia recalls knowingly so, "Jeno that's so hot!"

"How is that hot? That is literally just him being a good guy." Jeno remarks with a look.

"Don't you find good guys hot?" Lia says while raising a brow, although her gaze was obviously teasing the brunet boy.

Cheeks now flushed, Jeno clears his throat whilst carefully pouring his cup with hot water.

"Don't you have some files to check?" He deflects by changing the topic instead of retorting back to what Lia had said.

He knows if he did the latter, there will be no end of this conversation.

"I already finished them," Lia grins widely, obviously proud of herself. "I have nothing else to do, that means I can–"

"Jisu unnie!" As if on cue, a red haired woman walks in the room with a smile, "we need your help with something." She beckons before waving at Jeno.

The brunet boy waves back with a giggle after seeing Lia's annoyed look, sipping his coffee leisurely as he watches Lia reluctantly follow the younger lady.

Sooner or later, another person walks in scanning the lounge for a moment before his lips curl up into a smile.

Walking over to where Jeno is, the latter doesn't pay attention to his surroundings as he was on his phone for a while.

However, he almost drops his gadget as a shriek escapes his parted lips once a pair of hands rests on his hips.

"Hi there." The blue haired man greets with his charming smile, pearly whites showing.

Turning to meet his eyes, Jeno gulps at how close they are. The phone in his hand was squeezed tightly from his growing nervousness.

He's just glad he wasn't drinking his coffee as it happened, that would have been super embarrassing.

"H–hi, Sir Na." He stammers and instantly curses himself for that.