𖢻 Chapter Eight: Big Deal

Jeno's phone suddenly goes off, making him pause on his task and glances at the phone screen to see who the caller was.

Answering the call, he was immediately greeted by Lia's voice. "Jen? Hey, are you at your office right now?" She asks straightforwardly.

The brunet boy raises a brow, as if his friend could even see it in the first place, he replies nonetheless.

"Yes I am, why? Is there anything you need?"

"Actually, I just called you to let you know I can't join you for lunch today. I have somewhere to be right now, hence why I'm calling because I'm driving." She states.

"Oh, well that's okay. I really don't mind, I can ask someone else or go alone today." Jeno replies wholeheartedly.

He elicits a chuckle from Lia, "if you say so." Pausing for a moment, Jeno could hear her mumbling something about the supposed traffic.

"Anyways, I apologize, again for this. I know it's not the first time, but it is also kind of our thing, you know?" Lia says.

"I promise, it's all okay, go do what you're supposed to do and we'll see each other around." Jeno reassures her with a small laugh.

"Hmm, all right. Enjoy your lunch!" She giggles at the end.

Not thinking much about it, he hums along, "same here, and drive safely." With a soft smile on his face, Jeno ends the call and then checks the time.

I should finish my task first.

But then again, I'm quite hungry now.

But... What if I can't finish them in time? I might get in trouble if I take too long.

Time management, Jeno... Come on, choose!

I should just–

Jeno blinks out of his stupor when someone knocks on his office door several times.

Standing up from his seat, he walks over to open it and was greeted by his boss's charming smile. "Hey, Jeno."

"Oh, good noon, Sir Na. What may I help you with?" Jeno politely asks with a kind smile.

The elder man stares at him for a second before asking, "would you like to have lunch with me, again?"

"Uhm... Is it a business type of lunch, Sir?" Jeno asks, confused about what Jaemin meant.

I mean, he needs to be presentable if it is business purposes. Besides not wanting to embarrass himself, he definitely can't embarrass his boss as he is the man's secretary.

Jaemin looks at him in amusement, raising a brow, he thinks for a second before replying. "It is not, but it's a different type of lunch."

"Pardon?"

"Would you care to join me for a lunch date, Jeno?"

The said man was left flustered for a hot moment, eyes wide as his cheeks slowly turn red.

Don't get your hopes up, fool. You're hearing things.