𖢻 Chapter Twelve: Another Step

Jaemin flashes his client a practiced smile that is way too believable and charming for him to be a suspicious person.

On cue, his client smiles back, rambling how thankful he is for this granted meeting as he hopes they can work together in the near future, promising him a big revenue when they can.

But Jaemin doubts that.

With a money-hungry old man like him, he would not accept his offers even if it is a pretty good one. No matter how profitable and great it sounds, he wouldn't be convinced.

He is used to people like this, always praising him for his hard works and great leadership with a sharp mind and good looks, doing anything they can for Jaemin to accept their dumb ideas.

But through these years, Jaemin learns his lesson each day. Thanks to his amazing father training him for this kind of lifestyle, he is cautious around money hungry bastards.

He tries his very best to not let– not only his, but his employees' career and lives in jeopardy.

So without further ado, he shakes his client's hand with a brief thanks for coming, politely telling Lia if she could escort him on the way out.

The ravenette lady was just as annoyed as him.

Rolling her eyes behind the client's back every few seconds whenever the latter said something so cringy, pretending to be a kind person.

She thinks she could have lost her eyeballs by then if it weren't for Jeno beside her.

Seems like he has more patience than her, which she is thankful for. Who else would stop her from lashing out on someone?

If you think Jaemin is fake towards his client, Lia would think otherwise.

"How did you manage to sit through that, Sir Na? I always wonder how you restrain yourself from telling those kinds of people off in these meetings." She said once she comes back.

Jaemin lets out a calm laugh, "practice, I suppose. And patience is the main key."

"Trust me, I had lost my patience the moment that man spoke." Lia retorts. "He was rude when he asked me about your whereabouts so you can start the meeting."

"And the things he has said were plain low. Not only to you." She was irritated, very much so.

How could she not when the client blurted out things that shouldn't have been said? But he did. And they all know he meant it.

Attacking other people randomly, even his own employees. Lia wanted to record it all– oh wait, she did.

"If you asked me, Jisu-ssi, I personally think Jeno-ssi has more patience than me." Jaemin says with a knowing look.

Lia raises a brow, a teasing glint in her eyes. Now that she thinks about it, the client was a creep.

A cold-hearted and disgusting creep who kept looking at Jeno weirdly and said a few things that obviously didn't sit well with any of them in the room besides the old man.