𖢻 Chapter Nineteen: Grateful

"Do you want to come with?" Jaemin widens his eyes for a second, did not expect that invitation as Jeno waits for his answer.

"Will that be okay with you and... Jisung?" He asks for confirmation first.

As much as he would like to go with Jeno and see the brunet man's youngest son, he does not want to make either of them uncomfortable, especially in public.

Jeno smiles softly, "of course, I'm sure Sungie would like to see you too." Aware of Jaemin's hesitation.

Nodding, Jaemin smiles back, turning the car off as they step out. Making sure it's locked, he rests a hand on Jeno's lower back as they head off.

𖢻

When the teacher calls for Jisung to step out of the classroom for a moment, the little boy was ecstatic to see his Papa.

"Papa!" Running in to Jeno's arms, the brunet man almost drops the lunchbox in his grip from the collision.

Jisung may be small and young, but with an energy like his, you can't expect to be balanced at all.

Just before Jeno could greet him back, Jisung gasps when he notices Jaemin's presence. The blue haired man standing behind his Papa's kneeling figure with a friendly smile aimed towards him.

"Mister J!"

Taking one of his hands out from his pockets, Jaemin waves at him. "Hi Jisung," a wholehearted laugh following suit.

Jeno smiles at the interaction, "we brought your lunch, baby." Showing his son his previously missing lunchbox, Jisung immediately takes it and hugs it to his chest.

"Papa is sorry for forgetting to double-check you this morning, now Sungie almost skipped lunch..." Jeno smiles sadly.

Hearing that, Jaemin frowns behind him. Knowing fully well what really happened, and the fact that Jeno covered up for Johnny but took the blame on himself instead just didn't sit well with him.

Jisung pouts but frames Jeno's cheek with his small hand, "'s okay, Papa." Voice soft, Jeno almost tears up right on the spot but stops himself.

"Thank you for understanding Papa, Sungie..." Jeno whispers, voice a little cracking as he fails to sound stable. He earns nothing but a small nod from the little boy.

Sniffling, he pulls Jisung into another hug and mumbles. "Okay, go ahead and eat now... Papa has to go back to work, all right?"

With a small nod, Jeno caresses his head gently. Waving goodbye, "bye-bye too, Mister J!" Jisung giggles at the blue haired man before running back in to his classroom.

Jeno stands up and interlocks his arm with Jaemin's, walking back to the elder man's car. When they got in, he notices Jaemin pondering in thought.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sense of worry was visibly written in his eyes, wondering as to why Jaemin suddenly went quiet.

Jaemin blinks several times before stretching his lips into a tight smile. "Uhm, I just... Couldn't help but think..."