𖢻 Chapter Twenty-Eight: Drag Me Into This Mess

Jaemin knocks on Jeno's office door at lunch time, the brunet man signaling him to wait for a moment as he finishes up a phone call from a client.

Minutes later, Jeno exits his respective office as Jaemin greets him with a sweet kiss on the cheek. "Where do you want to eat lunch?"

"Anywhere is fine," Jeno replies with a cute smile.

"Wow, eating lunch without me?" A familiar female voice says sarcastically behind them. They turn around to see Lia shaking her head at them in mock disappointment.

She tuts, "my fear has come true. Mister Na will snatch my best friend away after I help them get together."

"I didn't even get anything in return, not even free food." Being vocal about her complaints as Jeno face palms in response.

Jaemin snorts, "all right Lia, you can come with us if you'd like."

"Don't mind if I do, Sir." Lia grins and walks pass them as she swings her bag on her shoulder.

𖢻

"So what's been happening?" Lia tilts her head to the side after she finishes her meal, taking a few tissues to wipe her mouth clean.

Jeno blinks, "pardon?"

"It' has been a while since I've heard any news, you guys have been quiet. And honestly, I only don't like it because I'm bored." Lia elaborates.

Resting her chin atop of her interlocked fingers, she smiles teasingly. "So, care to share some news?"

The couple shares a look to each other, Jaemin silently asking and making sure if Jeno is okay with this. The latter replies with a small yet reassuring nod.

"Well... Jaemin met Johnny..." Jeno starts off.

"Who the fuck is Johnny?" Lia makes a face, already inserting a comment as per usual.

"My ex husband..." Jeno smiles sheepishly, the ravenette lady drawling out an 'ohh' quietly. "I'll spare you the details about him and I for now."

"Anyways, he wanted to meet Jaemin after my eldest son kind of... Spilled our relationship out to him out of anger or something..."

"Sorry Jeno, no offense. But your eldest son is a snitch in this situation." Lia's sassy look is on display, Jeno snorts in return.

"I asked Jaemin if he was okay with it because I of course, don't want to force him in any way."

"And I did the same for Jeno," Jaemin quickly adds up, chiming in the conversation. "Although, he was more hesitant about it than I was."

"Can you blame me?" Jeno rolls his eyes.

The blue haired man pats his knee gently, "of course not. Just saying."

"Then what happened?" Lia instinctively leans in more, very intrigued with the topic. Low-key forgetting about her supposed duties after lunch.

"I gave in after Jaemin's reassurance. And also decided to have the kids out for the night– which wasn't that hard for fortune timings."