𖢻 Chapter Eleven: Step It Up

"Uhm..." Furrowing his eyebrows, Jaemin stares at the younger man who seemingly looks hesitant as he trails off.

Fiddling with the seatbelt that was still security his figure, Jeno bites his inner cheek before mumbling. "Can you please wait in here for me, Mr. Na?"

Jaemin blinks at him in confusion as Jeno quickly adds, "not to be rude or anything but... Please don't misunderstand this–"

"It's okay," Jaemin cuts him off, sensing the younger man was about to start apologizing to him for no reason. "I can stay in the car and wait for you."

Jeno nods shyly, "I will be quick, Sir. Give me a minute." Unbuckling his seatbelt as he opens his door.

Watching him step out, Jaemin says, "take your time!" The passenger door closes as he doesn't take his eyes off the brunet boy.

Not until Jeno closes the main door behind him, Jaemin leans back against his car seat and patiently waits for his secretary.

He took this as an opportunity to scan his phone for a while, checking up on things and Lia's quick phonecall until the passenger door opens again.

In enters Jeno who has changed into his proper office attire, bag on his lap as he fastens his seatbelt. He flashes a sheepish smile towards Jaemin's way.

"We can go now, Sir." Receiving a small nod, Jaemin drives them back to the company building just in time.

𖢻

"What were you even handling?" Lia couldn't help but pry. "Like early in the morning that made you an hour later than usual."

She receives a sigh in response from the brunet boy who had just finished a phone call from a client, "it was something urgent, don't worry about it now."

"Yeah now that you're here, I'm not that worried anymore. But I was really worried when you didn't answer any of my calls and messages." Lia rants to him with a scoff.

"I told you, my phone really died." Jeno points with his chin to the direction where his cellphone was charging.

"We–"

As Lia was about to say something, she was then interrupted by a knock on the door. Furrowing her eyebrows, she shares a look with Jeno who then nods at her.

"Mr. Lee says you can come in... Whoever you are!" Lia quickly adds the last part with a snicker as Jeno scolds her for that, reaching to smack her shoulder weakly.

The door opens and the newcomer has Lia grinning teasingly, eyeing the blue haired man with his hands shoved in his pockets as he flashes them a kind smile.

"Good noon, you two."

"Well, look who it is," Lia whispers to a flustered Jeno to her left. "Good noon, Sir Na!"

"G-good noon, Sir." Jeno stammers under his breath that has the said male chuckling in response.

"Are you busy?" Their boss asks, slightly gesturing to the papers on Jeno's desk and the telephone in his grasp.

Lia shakes her head before Jeno could even respond for himself, "no, he just finished talking to a client. He surely needs a break, Sir." Winking in exaggeration.

Jeno glares back to the ravenette lady and smiles shyly at their boss who then meets his eyes, "care if I borrow him for a moment?"

Lia snorts at their boss. Sometimes Jeno wonders how she became so comfortable with someone like Na Jaemin, especially when she's just his secretary.

She can joke freely with him anytime, isn't afraid to talk about him– in a good way. Does not hesitate too much when reporting him about something, complaints even.

Like she isn't afraid to dare speak his name unlike some of their colleagues.

But Jeno's pretty sure they're just overreacting a bit. Jaemin isn't a bad person, just... Has good morals where he can be strict when applying them to his employees.

Which is actually a good benefit as it made their environment peaceful and less stressful than they would have thought.

And Jeno is very much grateful for that as he already has some... personal issues going on.

"No, go ahead, Sir Na. Take him out to another lunch date. Who am I to stop your love life?"

"Lia!" Jeno shrieks, face mortified as he began to bite his lower lip.

But Lia doesn't stop there, she then dares to voice out her thoughts. "In fact, what bothers me, Sir is that you haven't took him out to a real date."

And this mentioned idea has Jaemin raising a brow at her, lips curling up to an amused smile as he listens to her rant.

"Like– a whole day with Jeno, just the two of you. No work and clients, no interruptions and such. You get what I'm saying, Sir Na?"

"Lia, shush it." Unfortunately for Jeno, his words had been ignored by his friend.

His face that has already been tinted with the color pink, gets worse, the color darkens its shade when he feels Jaemin's heavy gaze on him with that attractive yet annoying teasing smile of his.

This is so embarrassing.

I'm going to smack her.

"Step it up a bit, Sir Na." Lia grins widely. "Jeno surely won't be making any big moves because he l–"

"Okay! That's enough," Jeno frantically shuts her up. Laughing awkwardly as he looks at Jaemin again.

"Uh... I... We should go, Sir..." He stutters once again as he stood up from his seat, snatching his phone as he unplugs its charger.

Lia playfully smacks his butt before he walks over to Jaemin, startling the brunet man as she giggles. "Go on my pretties! Enjoy your date!"

Jaemin takes a flustered Jeno by his hand and gives him a small squeeze, "let me know where you want to eat, my treat." He winks playfully and leads them out of the office.

Lia was quick to follow them and made sure Jeno's office door was locked, remembering well the brunet boy has his key in his pocket.

Jaemin glances over his shoulder to meet Lia's teasing gaze before they exchange a wink, the ravenette lady giving him a thumbs up.

𖢻

Thoughts??

Thank Lia,,, AGAIN hehe ;)