𖢻 Chapter Seven: Reports

"And you threw away that chance just like that?!"

"Can you please calm down for a moment, Lia?" Jeno sighs as he stares blankly at the raven haired lady.

Lia snorts sarcastically in response, "no, I can't calm down when my best friend just almost got himself a boyfriend but gay panicked his way out!"

"Like seriously, we all know you want to kiss him, I don't blame you though... If I was straight." She cackles at the end, making Jeno roll his eyes.

"I'm sure Mr. Na is just as disappointed as you are."

"Okay, quit it with those false hopes."

"I am just pointing it out there that you're literally not the only one who's bummed out about your own choice." She crosses her arms.

Jeno ignores her as he turns around to arrange the stack of papers on his desk, "it's not too late though, why don't you go over to his office and get yourself a little smooch."

"Or... Something more?" Lia lilts, winking several times just in time for Jeno to see it.

"Lia!"

"Just giving some ideas." She nonchalantly replies to his scolding.

Huffing, the brunet boy shakes his head at her. "Well your "ideas" are going to get me fired one day."

"Oh please," Lia blows a raspberry, "Mr. Na is too interested in you to let you go."

"Isn't that so sweet? Like, if you two actually got together, he won't let you go that easily! He will fight for you!" She chirps.

Almost pausing for a moment after hearing her words, Jeno shakes it off and continues his task on arranging the papers.

Meanwhile, Lia quietly snickers at him and takes a seat on one of the chairs. "Just imagine, love, Mr. Na's arms around your body, holding you close and kis-"

"Okay, Jisu, that's enough. Don't you have your own duties to do?" Jeno quickly interrupts her with a forced smile.

Waving him off, she reluctantly stands up with a frown on her pretty face. "I was hoping you wouldn't notice."

"Too bad, now go head off before Mr. Na catches you." Sighing in exaggeration, Lia takes her leave out of Jeno's office.

The brunet boy lets out a breath but soon pinches himself when he felt his cheeks turning hot.

Don't be delusional, Jeno.

𖢻

"Thank you for the report, Lia. You may go now." Jaemin kindly says, accompanied with his charming smile.

His secretary smiles back before pursing her lips, "actually, Sir Na. I have a question for you."

"Oh?" Jaemin perks up in interest, interlocking his fingers as he stares at her patiently. "And what may that be?"

Lia looks around, as if making sure no one is eavesdropping on them. She then scoots her chair closer to Jaemin's desk, eyeing her boss from across the table.