𖢻 Chapter Three: No Chance

Jaemin sighs at the brunet boy standing before him, looking down as he sways his hips a little bit to the sides; a habit he does.

Scanning his visibly anxious figure, he purses his lips and shakes his head. "This morning, you are later than usual, Jeno-ssi."

The simple statement still makes Jeno wince, "my apologies, Mr. Na. Really! I know it's not a surprise but I was–"

He then quickly zips his mouth when Jaemin waves him off, signaling him to calm down. "I did not ask for your reasons, Jeno."

"I'm sorry!"

"It's okay, just... Fix yourself for a moment and head off to your office, alright?" Jaemin replies in nonchalance.

Brushing off the confusion and surprise, Jeno nods and bows respectfully to his boss before running off once again.

𖢻

"Alright, you two, go ahead and enjoy your lunch break. I'll see you then," The blue haired man announces, lips curling up to a kind smile.

Being granted permission to have a lunch break, "Thank you, Mr. Na," both of his secretaries say in sync, smiling back just as kindly as their boss.

Sharing curt bows to each other, Jaemin's secretaries leave his office to have lunch while he has to quickly answer a phone call first.

𖢻

"I can't believe he let you off, again!" Lia enthusiastically says rather than complain. "Like– how? Why? No offense, really. I'm just so curious!"

"Trust me, you're not the only one, Lia." Jeno replies and then takes a bite of his food.

"What if... He likes you!"

The brunet boy chokes on his fried chicken at that. Lia quickly helps him while handing a glass of water, eyebrows knitted together in worry.

"My bad, Jen." She sheepishly smiles.

Jeno chuckles breathlessly and shakes his head, "it's fine, you didn't mean to do it." Shrugging his shoulders at the end.

"Now... Back to the topic," Lia smirks mischievously. "He probably likes you–"

"No he does not." Jeno hisses, trying to keep it down as his gaze desperately signals Lia to hush it as well.

To his dismay, the raven haired girl didn't catch on and instead continues her actions.

"Oh come on, why do you not have hope for that? Isn't that your dream come true?"

"Wh– what are you talking about?" Jeno's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

The girl across the small table giggles, "don't you have a crush on Mr. Na?" She blurts out with no hesitation nor shame.

Unlike Jeno.

"Lia!" He whisper yells, looking around their surroundings with his face showing panic.

However, today is not his day. Because his female friend only snickers at his reaction.

"It's true, though. Is it not?"