𖢻 Chapter Two: Guesses

"How was your day, Jen?" The lady from across the table asks while picking on her salad.

Jeno shrugs his shoulders as he picks out his utensils, "it was alright, not that much paperwork to do, so I had time to relax for a bit."

"Hmm, lucky." Humming before taking a bite of her salad, she chews for a quick moment and then continues after she has swallowed.

"Were you late again?"

Sighing, Jeno looks up from his plate and nods curtly. "Yeah..."

Hearing his mumbled answer, the pretty raven haired woman snickers. "You should really manage your time and sort things out, it's been months."

"And I'm going to be brutally honest with you right now, like– take this as an advice either way." She warns ahead of time and gives Jeno a pity look.

"But if you were in a different company and had a different boss, you would've been fired by now. No offense."

"No offense taken, I understand what you're saying." Jeno reassures her. "It's unprofessional of me to be late majority of the time, and there shouldn't be many excuses for that."

"Despite how much work I put into, I could still be fired." He points out matter-of-a-factly to which the raven haired woman hums as she drinks her blue lemonade

"And I won't be too surprised if Mr. Na finally fires me when he can't take it anymore, it's been months, I shouldn't be like that anymore."

Clicking his tongue, he shakes his head. "It's like I'm a messed up student, who doesn't have his shit together. I'm a grown adult, I should at least have a few things right."

The raven haired lady hums in understanding, feeling bad for her colleague who's currently facing struggles on a daily basis.

"Do you wake up early? Like what time do you actually go to sleep and wake up?" She begins to ask him to get to the bottom of this.

Jeno doesn't hesitate to answer in a second, "that really depends, Lia." He says a little breathlessly.

The said lady frowns, "why? Is it all the work? Does Mr. Na give you too much paperwork and you have to stay up just to finish them?" Assuming quickly.

"If so, I can–"

"No, it is not that, Lia." Jeno stops her, waving a hand of dismissal.

"Then what is it?" Curious and worried for her colleague who she has already considered as a close friend, Lia cannot sit still.

"Just a few things at home, personal life in short."

"Oh my– then I'm really sorry if I bothered you, Jen." His friend starts to feel guilty, apologizing very genuinely.

"No it's okay, I know you didn't mean to and you are just looking out for me."

"Indeed I am," Lia was quick to agree. "Speaking of, if you ever have anything else to say, even if it is a complaint. Just come to me, okay?"