𖢻 Chapter Twenty-Six: Slight Beginning

Reminder: I'm not fluent in Korean (and other languages), so I apologize for using words incorrectly like honorifics/especially when it comes to formality.

Therefore, there will be times I write them in and there are other times I don't– either for not feeling comfortable, confused and etcetera.

<33

𖢻

Jaemin was washing his hands in the bathroom, looking up to see Jeno entering and halts on his tracks for a second when they make eye contact.

As if holding in a breath, Jeno hastily asks, "can I talk to you?" Looking around the bathroom to check if other people are there.

Jaemin nods and dries his hands afterwards, "sure, let's head to my office." Without asking for more questions, he leads Jeno to his said office and locks the door behind them.

"Something up?" Hands naturally resting on Jeno's hips, quietly happy when the brunet man doesn't pull away from his touch.

Jeno purses his lips, "Johnny wants to meet you." Going straightforward about it.

Jaemin raises a brow as Jeno continues, "he found out, Chenle told him and he– Jaemin, I'm so sorry." He rambles in panic.

Jaemin shushes him gently, pulling him close while Jeno looks like he's having the shittiest luck recently. "Hey, calm down, it is not your fault."

"And I'm not mad at you, okay?" He tilts his head down to meet Jeno's eyes which are frantically looking around the room.

Jeno swallows dryly, "you're not?" he croaks.

"Of course not," Jaemin says with a little laugh. "Why would I be mad?"

"B-because I thought you wouldn't like... You know..." Jeno trails off, hesitating with his choice of words.

Jaemin smiles knowingly, "you're afraid that I wouldn't ever want to meet your ex spouse? Or like leave you afterwards? Didn't want our relationship to be out there?"

Jeno blushes in embarrassment as Jaemin shakes his head in return, "honey..."

"I know– sorry, again. It's just, that moment when things are too peaceful, something bad is going to happen soon." Jeno says.

Jaemin makes a gesture of silent agreement, merely shrugging his shoulders as Jeno continues.

"I just don't know how exactly will Johnny react and what he will do–"

"You're saying that as if he's going to kill me." Jaemin raises a brow, making Jeno's eyes widen and shake his head frantically.

"No no no." Repeatedly saying in panic, "he's surely not going to do that. The furthest he will definitely go for is to ruin things... You know?"

"And that worries me, honestly, Jaemin..." Jeno mumbles at the last part, hands instinctively resting on Jaemin's elbows.

The elder man sighs, "we can make it work... Backfire his plans, prove to not only him but other people as well– all that cheesy power of love things."