𖢻 Chapter Twenty-One: Magic Word

"Chenle, honey..." Jeno sighs as he knocks one more time on his eldest son's bedroom door.

He's embarrassed to say it out loud that Jaemin was right: Chenle was not doing his homework. The familiar and obnoxious sounds coming from his gaming PC is clearly heard.

Brief story of Chenle's computer: Jeno initially didn't plan on getting him one until Johnny convinced him. Pathetically saying Chenle would use it for good reasons: like his studies.

Obviously, that went South. Til this day, Jeno's surprised but also thankful that Chenle at least haven't failed a class yet so far.

However, he knows he shouldn't rely on that. Chenle can be a mischievous kid like his father, and Jeno wouldn't be very surprised considering their close bond compared to his and Chenle's.

"I'll be there, Pa!" Chenle's voice was muffled both due to the closed door and the obnoxious game sounds.

Jaemin purses his lips and slides his hand down on Jeno's lower back, "let's wait for him at the table."

Jeno seems hesitant to the idea, but gives in when Jaemin smiles softly. Nodding, they both head to Jisung's room next.

Jisung was slightly easier to get out of his room, seeing Jaemin there lifted his mood up too. "Mister Blue!"

"Oh? I'm Mister Blue now, hm?" Jaemin giggles as Jisung bounces around in excitement.

"Yeah! Your hair is the color blue." Jisung explains briefly, although he didn't really have to because it was plainly obvious.

"Did you know Papa's favorite color is sky blue? Is that why your hair is blue? How did you do that?" Jisung starts babbling in wonder.

He hadn't really blurted these out in their first meet, he was too busy showing Jaemin his toys which were left messily in the living room.

Jeno flushes in shyness, "Sungie, one question at a time, please." He catches Jaemin glancing at him teasingly.

The blue haired man smiles at Jisung and nods happily, "ah, yes. Your Papa had told me this, but it was just a coincidence my hair was already blue before we met."

Winking, he pathetically whispers to Jisung, "I guess it was a sign." He quips, eliciting a giggle from the little boy.

Jeno clasps his hands, smiling forcefully that has Jaemin snorting. "The food is about to get cold." Beckoning Jisung to hold his hand, they head back downstairs.

𖢻

They didn't eat immediately. Jaemin had took it upon himself to tell Jisung to wait, having him whine with his lips jutted out into a pout.

"We have to wait for your brother, Jisungie... We can't eat if he doesn't come down here."

"Why?" Jisung asks, glancing at his Papa who's drinking a glass of water.

"It is rude to start eating without the other person and asking permission, unless they have a good reason. But your brother is playing with his computer, do you think it is a good reason to skip?"

Jaemin lectures him, testing Jisung who immediately ponders in thought. When the little boy continues to pout and asks Jeno for help, the latter smiles tightly.