𖢻 Chapter Fifteen: The Meetup

Squeezing his grip on his bag, Jeno gnaws on his lower lip. "Are you sure you're ready to meet them?" Couldn't help but ask for the fifth time today.

His lover, chuckles at him. "Yes, darling. I've prepared myself to meet your kids, I'm quite excited if anything."

"I just don't want to make you uncomfortable or feel forced– we can arrange this meetup another time if you want–"

"Sweet," the blue haired man interrupts him from rambling; a habit he does when he gets nervous. "I am for sure ready to meet them, but the real question is are you ready to take this step? Are the kids ready?"

"I'm ready– just really nervous for their reactions." Jeno mumbles as Jaemin walks up to him.

Framing his face gently, he tilts him up to meet his eyes. "They don't know?"

Shutting his eyes as he takes a deep breath, Jeno mildly shakes his head in response. "They know– kinda." Jaemin raises a curious brow at that.

"They just don't know you guys will be meeting each other tomorrow night, and there's a reason why I didn't tell them beforehand."

Fluttering his eyelids open, he was greeted by Jaemin's kind and patient gaze. "My ex-spouse will know and– it is not the greatest idea if you all met at the same time."

Based from the tone Jeno had on, he thinks there's more into it and could be too messy for them to talk about right now.

So he nods along in understanding. Not wanting to push it. "All right, whatever you think is fine, I'll walk by your side through it." He replies.

Jeno has never been so grateful for a man like Na Jaemin to walk in his messy life.

𖢻

"Jaemin–" the brunet man's hand stops from touching the doorknob. Pursing his lips as he turns to look at his new lover.

"Sweet, I'm ready to meet your kids, I'm sure they're wonderful just like you." Jaemin gives him a reassuring smile, melting his heart ever so easily.

Slightly embarrassed due to the fact that Jaemin guessed his concern– as if already knowing him so well (possibly so) Jeno quietly chuckles.

Nodding briefly, Jeno opens the main door and invites him in, "kids! I'm home!" Instantly hearing loud footsteps from the opposite direction.

Jaemin slightly stood behind him as two young boys ran up to them, "Papa!" The shorter one greets happily, hugging Jeno's hips with a followed giggle.

Jeno smiles, hugging the little boy back and slightly bends down to kiss the top of his head. "Hi baby," Jaemin hears him mumble against the soft hair.

Meanwhile, the taller one stood with his arms crossed against his chest, lazily walking over to Jeno as the latter kisses his cheek. "Hello, my big baby," he giggles.

The taller boy only hums quietly, almost like a grunt.

When the little boy pulls his face away from Jeno's stomach, he then notices Jaemin's presence. Face forming to a look of curiosity, "who's that, Papa?"