𖢻 Chapter Thirty-Two: Delay

Jaemin eats his breakfast in a warm atmosphere, making it easier for him to enjoy his meal and slightly shrug off the loud thoughts reminding him of his busy day ahead.

He checks his phone once he was done, glancing up briefly to meet curious pairs of eyes. "Yes, Ma?"

His mother was smiling at him knowingly. "Is that the man you're going out with?" She pries.

Jaemin isn't really bothered, after all, he knows his parents are just waiting for him to be in a relationship good for (all of) them and meet their possible in-law.

When you grow older as a parent, you will experience that feeling. Of course you will, because family means a lot to everyone, isn't it?

Jaemin has had his fair share of flings or decent relationships back then. But of course, it did not work out. Luck wasn't always on his side, especially at a young age.

Unfortunately, there are those who will not give a damn about you, but only for what you have. Jaemin has learned that just like everyone else has or will in a bad relationship.

He learns to observe and read someone's eyes. Hence why he fell in love with Jeno, and did not overthink or hesitate to make a move on him.

From the very beginning, the moment Jeno entered the room where he will be interviewed by Jaemin, trembling from nervousness and looking down on his lap.

To now and onwards, where Jeno can walk and speak to Jaemin comfortably yet still giving him respect, meeting his eyes and smiling widely or shyly when he can feel what Jaemin is feeling.

Despite the circumstances in their relationship, Jaemin knows Jeno is genuine.

"Maybe." Biting back a smile, it is difficult to do so when he's talking about Jeno.

His mother's eyes practically sparkle, "Jaemin... Honey..."

Jaemin knows what she's about to ask for, it's normal and reasonable anyway.

But he shakes his head, smiling in pity. "Sorry, Ma. But I don't think he is ready to 'meet the parents' yet..."

"Is it him or his children?" His mother was quick to ask back. Tilting her head to the side, "you haven't even asked him yet."

Jaemin chuckles at her trying to persuade him, which will lead to persuading Jeno and the kids.

His parents are well aware of his and Jeno's love life, respecting Jaemin's request for them to kindly not bother and let them figure it out themselves.

"Ma..."

"Sorry, darling. I'm just so excited to meet them one day. You know how–"

"Long you've been waiting for this, yes, I understand." Jaemin says with a wholehearted laugh trailing afterwards.

"Can you please ask him anyway? I promise I won't make it a big deal! It can be simple and minimal." His mother promises.

"I will see what I can do, Ma." He replies, a promising smile adorning his face. "Let's not force him, okay?"

"Of course not!" His mother quickly agrees, "just let him know in advance. He seems like a very nice young man, Jaem."