𖢻 Chapter Thirteen: Unlimited

"You don't look too good."

Frowning, Jeno picks at his fingernails and turns around to look at himself in the mirror again. "No, I didn't mean your outfit. You look great!" Lia ushers to his side.

When Lia found out that their boss has finally asked Jeno out on a date- not just a lunch date. But more than a few minutes together type of date.

A full on date. Like the ones they usually go through back in their school years or youthful lives; be it an actually serious and committed relationships or not, a date is a date.

So of course, as Jeno's best friend and praising herself to be the best wingwoman out there, Lia called him today and demanded to go shopping for his supposed date.

Initially, Jeno trying to be as calm as he can be, refused and said he can get ready for his date on his own. Not wanting to bother her anyway and thought it's as easy as it is.

Besides, he still has some clothes hiding in his closet that haven't been worn yet or at least, in a while now due to him not really having any special plans that he has to dress up for.

But because Lia is as stubborn as him, he stepped out of his house to meet up with her and decided, maybe he does need a bit of help.

Especially moral support, and who else could he ask for besides Lia? Well- there are of course some friends of his, but she's the only one he's in most contact with recently and knows the whole story.

Lia examines his face from his reflection on the mirror. "I was referring to your panicked face, what's wrong, doll?" Hands on his shoulders as comfort.

Jeno exhales with his shoulders slumped, reaching to rest a hand on top of Lia's own and smiles faintly. "Just nervous...now that I think about it."

"It's a simple date with Mr. Na, I'm sure he will treat you well." She reassures, "you can always tell him how you feel at any second. He's very understanding, is he not?"

Nodding, he bites his lower lip. "I just don't want to mess it up." Turning to face her properly, he pouts. "I've messed up a few times already with him, this one is... A lot to take in."

"You won't mess it up, Jen. That's just your negative thoughts taking over you, Mr. Na is a great guy-"

"That's the thing, what if I'm not up to his expectations? Sure we've been through lunch dates, but that's just limited time for us. This one, we have the whole day for ourselves."

Lia frames his cheeks, "Mr. Na has unlimited time for you, not just for a day, I'm sure of it."

Gently pinching his nose, she flashes him a sweet smile. "Stop overthinking, we don't want wrinkles on your face." She jokes.

They share a laugh as Jeno nods along, deciding to focus on preparing for his date with Jaemin tomorrow.

𖢻

Jeno's shaking a bit, almost dropping his keys when he tries to lock his main door. Getting annoyed as he thinks he is already wasting Jaemin's time.

Jogging up to the slightly familiar car and occupying the passenger seat, his fingers tremble while buckling the seatbelt, muttering some curses to himself.

It has Jaemin chuckling in amusement, "let me do that for you," he insisted as he easily gets the seatbelt locked, making sure Jeno is comfortable.

When their eyes meet, Jeno somehow feels small. "Hi, Mr. Na," he croaks, shy as if he was back in highschool again meeting his really attractive crush in the busy school hallway.

Jaemin's lips curl up to his signature charming smile, pearly whites out as he responds, "hey, Jeno." Obviously more confident than Jeno is at the moment.

"You look beautiful," scanning the brunet man up and down, his gaze doesn't fail to miss Jeno's shy squirming on his seat.

"Thank y-you, likewise, Sir." Jeno mumbles, trying to not eye the very attractive man before him so much that it might seem creepy. "H-how are you today, Mr. Na?"

Tilting his head, Jaemin reaches for his hand that began to sweat out of nervousness. "Let's drop the formalities, shall we?"

Raising a brow at him, Jaemin only continues to smile. "Starting from now, you will not call me by Mr. Or Sir when it's just us or outside of the office."

"Then what should I call you... Jaemin?" Jeno tested to say, his boss' name rolling out of his tongue, foreign but soon will get used to it.

"Anything you're comfortable with, darling."

Oh.

Jeno flushes, shying his face away from Jaemin's intense gaze.

"Do you like that, Jeno? Or does it make you uncomfortable?" The elder man dares to ask afterwards, probably misunderstanding Jeno's reaction.

He shakes his head and lets out a breath, "I... I like it." Gnawing on his lower lip, trying to restrain himself from smiling so much. "Just... Nervous, Jaemin."

He receives an understanding nod as he continues on to admit, "i-it's been a long time since I went out... On a date, you know? It just feels a little weird- in a good way."

"I forgot how it goes and whatnot, and I really don't want to mess it up especially for you, Mr- I mean, Jaemin..." Jeno tries to meet his eyes, but fails last second.

He then feels a squeeze on his sweaty hand, listening to Jaemin's warm voice that both soothes him and sends shivers up his spine.

"I understand, and I don't want to force you with anything. So if you ever feel like backing out of something, you can always tell me."

Lifting his hand, Jaemin gently brushes his nose against Jeno's knuckles, a slightly discreet way of kissing.

"I want both of us to enjoy this date, so that's why I'm letting you choose our first activity."

Brushing Jeno's hair behind his ear, he looks at him so softly Jeno low-key feels emotional and fears he might start crying there for no reason.

"Anything you want for us to do, whatever crosses your mind. I'm here, alright?"

Jeno finally squeezes his hand back, meeting his eyes and smiling widely. "Do you care if we visit by the pier, I know it's still early and normally that would be the last ac-"

He was interrupted by Jaemin grabbing his other hand, lifting both of them up to finally kiss his knuckles, thumb rubbing in circles afterwards.

"That sounds wonderful, darling. We don't have to be there at a specific time, what matters is it's us having fun." Jaemin reassures him.

And oh my, does Jeno want to kiss him right now. However, he fears if it's too fast or too sudden, a bad timing perhaps.

Thus, he squeezes Jaemin's hands in his as the elder man (reluctantly) pulls away so he can start the car. But keeping a hand intertwined with Jeno's on his thigh.

𖢻

Thoughts??

Lol my back hurts, this mattress I have rn is shit honestly 💀