Part 3: Temporary Manager

Yoongi shuffles to Telepathy Records with a hot cup of coffee in his hands and a big smile on his face

Yoongi shuffles to Telepathy Records with a hot cup of coffee in his hands and a big smile on his face. As weird as the dinner ended last night, he had fun. He replayed the interactions between you and him happily in his mind. He had never felt so smitten by a girl before and it was a weird feeling for him. He wonders if you would come by again. He wants to see you again. Maybe he'll ask Namjoon about you more. As Yoongi arrives at the shop, he swings the door open,

"Morning,"

"Morning!" he hears your voice in return. Yoongi's head snaps to you, surprised that you're present.

"What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I'm filling in for Joon," you explain.

"But you don't work here? Is this allowed?"

"Yeah, the owner is cool with it,"

"Oh, alright well is Namjoon okay?"

"He's fine he just got uh...food poisoning from last night," you lie. Namjoon is more than fine. Ji-an had gotten her heat the night before and he is probably enjoying his time away from work.

"Oh shit...But I don't feel sick..."

"Me either. Joon is just unlucky sometimes," you shrug, "But in any case, you're stuck with me until he gets back."

"Well, I guess Joon isn't the only unlucky one," Yoongi retorts without thinking. You frown at his sentence. Shit, why did he say that? That was rude and he didn't mean it. He was elated that he would get to be around you. But sometimes comebacks just came out of his mouth without his consent. It was a defense mechanism he developed as a kid to brush off bullies wherever he moved.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean that," Yoongi whispers then walks away in shame. He internally scolds himself. You turn to the register and begin to add cash into it for change.

The rest of the morning Yoongi avoids you. He thinks you're mad at him and probably didn't want to talk to him. As the clock strikes one, a person enters the shop.

"Hey, Jin oppa!" you greet.

"Hey! Foxy! Joon not feeling well?" he waves at you. Jin is the owner's son and liked to drop by every now and then. He, like his father, knew about the shifters in the nearby forest. He actually attended school with you guys, so you were pretty close. He went abroad for university and recently returned. His father wanted him to take over Telepathy Records. And Jin was up for that. He was also up for making it bigger than just a store.

"Nope,"

"First day?"

"Yep. I think he's really in for it this time."

Jin gives a little laugh then walks over to Yoongi who's rearranging a stack of records.

"Hey Yoongi, need help?"