Part 11: A Whole Family Lost

The next morning as everyone had breakfast and everyone except Yoongi was told of the Alpha's plan

The next morning as everyone had breakfast and everyone except Yoongi was told of the Alpha's plan. The campsite was packed quickly and everyone left for Howling Wolf Rock as possible. Yoongi had decided to bring the pack that contained a tent and some sleeping bags. He looked so small against the large backpack that he carried. Namjoon asked if he wanted to switch with him, but your beloved insisted he carry the tent. The walk is unusually silent. Your mind fills with questions on how the Alpha would take Yoongi back to the pack.

Namjoon and Hobi are also silent, and you assume that they too are wondering how the Alpha will act. Ji-an is silent because of Namjoon. The younger ones are whispering among themselves, talking about which family Yoongi might be from. Although, if it wasn't for your animal hearing, you probably wouldn't know the younger ones were discussing. Jin is silent because no one else is talking. Meanwhile, Yoongi is just holding your hand and enjoying the peace.  Soon the lake and Howling Wolf rock comes into view. Everyone in your pack stands alert for a moment and looks around. There seems to be the scent of the Alpha around, but you all can't see him.

Yoongi slowly drifts towards the lake, calmly taking you with him. Before he knows it, he is standing right next to the body of water, staring down at his reflection. For a moment, he sees a dark dog-like animal staring back at him. His brow furrows...is this real? Or is this some kind of trick his mind is playing? It's like the fox and the eyes from the day before keep following him. He is mesmerized by the image. He bends forward to get a closer look. The image is so real. The animal looks at him calmly. Then it suddenly snarls and barks before lunging up. Yoongi jerks back making him lose his balance.

"Yoongi!" you call out and reach for him, but you're too late and Yoongi falls in. Namjoon and Hobi quickly run to the lake to help Yoongi out of the water. As he is fished out, he coughs and pushes his hair back to see clearly.

"You okay hyung?" Hobi asks while trying not to laugh.

"Y-yeah," Yoongi keeps coughing.

"What happened?" you ask.

"And I thought I was the clumsy one," Namjoon says under his breath. You elbow him.

"I—cough— saw a wolf or a fox in the water and it—cough— jumped out at me,"

You, Namjoon and Hobi look at each other tensely. Was it a vision from the Moon goddess?

"Is this a good time for a lunch break then? I'm hungry," Jungkook then calls out while putting down is pack.

"Me too!" Jimin speaks up.

Jin nods silently and goes to Taehyung's backpack to pull out a blanket to lay on the ground. Everyone follows suit and prepares for a short snack time break.

By the time you, Namjoon, Hobi and Yoongi arrive at the picnic blanket, everyone is already eating. In the corner of your eye you see Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook trying not to laugh and just eat their snacks. You shoot them a daggered glare which makes them turn away in shame.