Part 6: I Can't See You Anymore

During brunch, you stare at the cute pout on Yoongi's face as he read the brunch menu

During brunch, you stare at the cute pout on Yoongi's face as he read the brunch menu. You felt nervous because you were going to call this whole thing off after brunch. It sucked because you liked him so much, but the words of Namjoon kept echoing in your mind.

"Okay, I think I'm gonna have the eggs benedict," Yoongi nods and puts the menu down, "What about you?"

"Hm?" you snap back into reality.

"What do you want?"

"Oh...uh..." you quickly scan the menu, "probably the French toast."

"Sounds good," Yoongi smiles and reaches across the table. He's not particularly asking for your hand it's just a sign to show you that he's open to physical touch. You smile and put your hand in his. You feel a little tingle in your hands as you both touch and you see him look down at his lap and grin.

"Did you have a good week at school?" he then asks after looking up. His cheeks are a little pink.

"Hm? Oh yeah...I did...I liked it. It was fun we learned about...child brain development..." you lie.

"Oh yeah like what?"

"Can we talk about something else? I don't want to think about school," you mumbled dismissively and pull your hand away. The truth was, your brain was too preoccupied to be able to think of a good lie. You clench your fists lightly and look away. How were you going to tell him that you didn't want to see him again? When was the appropriate time? Right after eating? You should probably pay the bill to ease your conscience a little.

"Oh, of course, I'm sorry I didn't mean to..." he whispers, but keeps his hand on the table. You notice the disappointed look on his face and feel even more guilty. You didn't mean to snap like that.

"It's fine I just...I'm sorry I'm a little tired." You lean back and hold his hand again.

"That's okay," Yoongi smiles and gently rubs his thumb against your hand, "We don't have to talk if you don't want. I'm just happy we're here together."

"It's just with school. How was work? Namjoon said you guys got some fangirls coming in?" you bring up hoping to distract yourself and enjoy the little time left you had with Yoongi.

"Oh yeah, that was weird," Yoongi lets go of your hand and leans back against his chair. He stretches upwards before reaching for your hand again.

"I bet all of those girls were just drooling over you," you tease him.

"Oh yeah, they skipped Namjoon and rushed me. How could they not? I'm just so handsome?" he brags.

"Did they really?" you raise an eyebrow.

"Okay they didn't skip Namjoon, but we were both rushed at. We weren't ready at all. It was scary!"

"You loved it," you smile at him then say in aegyo with cutesy gestures, "Ahh! Yoongi oppa! I saw your show the other night! You're so hot! Please marry me!"