Part 28: Summer Field Trip

While the summer block party finished off without any further complications from the rest of the acts, you were a little disappointed that the talent scouts didn't approach you guys

While the summer block party finished off without any further complications from the rest of the acts, you were a little disappointed that the talent scouts didn't approach you guys. Yoongi and Namjoon had no knowledge about the scouts so they ended the night with a nice performance high. This high carried on for the next two weeks especially since business boomed slightly. The only thing that interrupted Yoongi's happiness was the fact that he had to attend some special class about the pack ritual.

To be fair, it was only one Saturday, but Yoongi was informed that the class took place at Howling Wolf rock so he knew there would be some kind of hike involved.

"I can't believe, I'm up this early on a weekend," Yoongi grumbles into your shoulder as he walks while hugging you from behind to the meeting site of the so-called class.

"It's just one day. Tomorrow you can sleep in to your heart's content. You can even take a long nap after the class," you tell him while moving at a slow enough pace so that Yoongi doesn't trip.

"Why do I have to do this again? Why can't my uncle just give me a private lesson or something?"

"Your uncle is busy and I think it's important that you get a demonstration. Especially since you have no idea about how the ritual works."

"Uuuugh....they should make an informational video," he grumbles.

"Yoongi, stop it. The field trip is part of the fun."

"Maybe it's fun when you're a teenager but when you get to my age...it becomes an annoyance."

"Oh Yoongs, there are some non-teenagers going too."

"I'm the only old person going. You don't have to pretend that there might be others."

"You don't know that." you stop when you see the crowd of teenagers grouping around an older pack member. You spot Jungkook with his friends and give him a wave. He only raises his hand slightly to acknowledge you before turning back to his friends who seem to be teasing him.

Yoongi unlatches himself from you and whines, "Do I really have to do this?"

"Yes, now stop complaining. You can hang out with Jungkook. Don't you like doing that?"

"Not when he's surrounded by other brats his age," Yoongi runs his fingers through his hair and sighs once more.

"Have fun and don't stray from the group okay?" you kiss his cheek then hand him a lunch bag, "Tae and I made you snacks."

"Thanks, mom," he rolls his eyes.

"Be a good boy and maybe you can earn a reward," you tease him.

"You can't bribe me like this," Yoongi snatches the back from your hand and gives you a kiss before walking away. 

As he walks into the group, Yoongi notices all the younger kids look at him and whisper amongst themselves. He glares back before walking up to the older pack member,