Part 32: Going Through Changes

After your first night together as a mated pair, Yoongi quickly moved you guys out from the pack house to his apartment for better privacy. Ji-an ended up bringing some of your clothes to the apartment so the two of you could establish your nest together in peace. When the weekend finished, Yoongi got ready for work as usual.

He sits up and does a quick stretch before glancing down at your sleeping figure. A smile appears on his face as he looks at his official mark on your chest. You are finally his and no one can take you away from him anymore. A rush of energy shoots though his body and Yoongi feels the need to be inside you once more. But instead of listening to his body, he forces himself off the best to get ready at work.

While taking inventory at the back of Telepathy Records, Yoongi feels irritated and antsy. He's been having problems concentrating. Every time he tries to focus, his mind instantly wanders to thoughts of you. He misses the way your body presses up against his and the way you smell. He had been obsessed with your scent lately. Yoongi figures it's because his animal is "awake" and this is part of his new heightened senses although he really didn't feel too different from before. Although he did notice that he could hear a lot better recently. 

In any case, Yoongi returns to the front of the store, leaving his chosen activity for the fifth time that morning.

"Hyung? What are you doing here?" Namjoon asks, after seeing him for the first time that day.

"Working, what else?" Yoongi scratches the back of his neck and wrinkles his nose. He feels ridiculously itchy like the time of his fake heat. He's relieved that he doesn't have the urge to bite though. But then an odor invades his senses so strongly that he has to cover his face and step back.

"UGH why do you smell like that?" Yoongi complains.

"Smell like what?" Namjoon sniffs his body but doesn't detect anything out of the ordinary, "I always smell like this."

"No, you smell...gross like...sweaty gym socks!"

Namjoon wrinkles his eyebrows when the revelation comes to him, "Ooooh! Hyung you can actually smell me now!"

"What does that mean? And when can it stop?" Yoongi pinches his nose and tries to breathe with his mouth.

"Alphas don't like the smell of other alphas and your nose can actually detect my alpha scent! I..." Namjoon paused and sniffed the air, "I can kind of smell you...maybe it's still faint because you just did the ritual."

"How do we fix this? I might throw up if I stay around you any longer and we have to work together."

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it, but that's not important right now. You shouldn't be here,"

"Why not?"

"You're supposed to be with Y/N, strengthening your mate bond."

"I was with her all weekend. Isn't that enough?"

"You're supposed to be with her the whole week!"

"Oh shit...is that why I feel so bothered?"  Yoongi keeps stretching his limbs, trying to get rid of the tight feeling of his body.

"Yes! Go, Jin hyung and I can handle things here. Go back home."

"I feel bad."

"Just go, it's not helping anyone that you're here. Things might start getting real bad, just go."

"Alright, fine," Yoongi rushes to the back of the shop to grab his jacket to go back to you. As soon as he imagines himself in your arms, his body stop feeling itchy for a moment. The temporary relief fires him up to run home and cuddle next to you.