Part 34: An Honest Conversation

"Yoongi, Y/N, what a pleasant surprise!" the Alpha greets you and Yoongi at the door then looks at Ji-an and Namjoon, "Of course it's nice to see you two as well. Come in,"

Alpha steps to the side and quickly ushers the four of you inside the house. Yoongi scurries quietly to the far end of the couch and sits without a word. Meanwhile you remain standing with a determined look on your face.

"Do you guys want anything to drink?" the Alpha offers.

"I'm okay," you respond.

"I'm good as well," Ji-an sits on a love seat.

"Me too," Namjoon stands towards the fireplace and keeps his distance from Yoongi.

"Yoongi? Water? Soda? A stiff drink?"

"I'm good, thanks..."

"Right well..." the Alpha rubs his palms against his thighs and shifts uncomfortably where he stands, "You should've told me you were visiting. I would've prepared dinner or something."

"We're not staying long," Yoongi explains, "We're just here to pick up the last of Y/N's things then going back to town."

"Well actually," you glare at Yoongi quickly before turning back to his uncle, "We also went out for a run. Yoongi shifted for the first time today."

"Oh that's great! How was it, Yoongi? Not too bad I hope? I know you were a little scared it wouldn't happen at all," the Alpha steps closer to his nephew with refreshed energy about the subject.

"It was great," you answer for your mate, "But alpha we saw some humans in our territory. They were going to camp there if we hadn't bumped into them."

"Humans? Didn't they see the sign?"

"They ignored it," you frown, "They're getting bold."

"Don't worry," the Alpha puts his hands on your shoulders to reassure you. Yoongi frowns at the sight of someone touching his mate and he lets out a soft growl. The Alpha quickly pulls his hands away and chuckles, 

"Ah sorry, I forgot you're still in the bonding stage."

Yoongi let out a sharp exhale as a reply then crosses his arms.

"Anyway, I'll be sure to increase the patrolling around that area. Maybe we the humans see more wolves around they'll stay away better. We'll also repair any signage of course," the Alpha sighs, "It used to be a lot easier when people believed in old wives' tales. But don't worry, Y/N, I'll take care of it."

"Alright now that's taken care of, shall we leave?" Yoongi stands up and looks at you.

"You don't have to leave so soon. I mean...I'd like to know how you've been especially with the awakening."

"He's having some headaches, but other than that he's good," you reply knowing that Yoongi doesn't want to talk to his uncle.

"Headaches?"

"Yeah, we think it's because he's a tad bit overwhelmed with the new hearing and strong sense of smell," Namjoon joins in the conversation.

"If you guys come live here at the pack, it wouldn't be too much of a problem," Ji-an adds.

"That's what I said," you look to Yoongi who only shakes his head at you.

"We have to be in town for my work," he reminds you.

"Namjoon lives here and works just fine. You're just being stubborn,"

"Y/N, we will talk about this later," Yoongi states firmly.