Part 22: Unprecedented Circumstances

Yoongi is bothered

Yoongi is bothered. Being called a coward was not really something he wanted to happen ever in his life. But it didn't matter because who the fuck cares about the opinion of a stranger who doesn't know him that well? She's wrong. He has every right to be cautious on how he lives his life. He has every right not to want to become an animal!

"There's a difference between, I'm postponing doing to ritual to adjust and I'm never doing the ritual."

Her words echo in his mind, and it fucking frustrates him. It frustrates him so much that his whole body just itches. But it's not just his body. His teeth have been hurting as well and his temper is off the charts. When Yoongi thinks about just how itchy he is, his temper gets shorter. He scratches the hair at the base of his head while letting out a low growl.

"Yoongi are you okay?" Jin's voice calls to him.

"I'm fucking fine!" Yoongi snaps and even bares his teeth at the older man. Surprisingly Jin just shrugs and goes back to alphabetizing records which makes Yoongi feel really guilty.

"I'm sorry hyung, I just...I don't know what's wrong with me. Ever since the Strawberry Moon festival I've been on edge for some reason." Yoongi sighs and puts his head down in shame.

"I heard you howled,"

"Who told you that?!"

"Namjoon,"

"How the fuck did he know? He wasn't even there?!" Yoongi growled and his teeth began to throb making him bite his own hand to sooth the pain.

"Yoongi, I usually wouldn't say anything, but you've been really doing weird stuff and it's starting to worry me. Maybe you need to talk about it instead of pushing the feelings down."

Yoongi sheepishly looks at Jin while the elder only looked at him with a mix of disgust and concern. Yoongi slowly unclenches his jaw and releases his own hand. He wipes the saliva off and exhales,

"This girl called me a coward because I didn't want to do the ritual and connect to my inner animal,"

"Okay and you're angry about that?"

"Yes I'm fucking angry about it! Who the fuck does she think she is?"

"Yoongi, do you think that you're angry because you think she's right?"

"What? No. She's not right! And she was being fucking judgmental. Like she doesn't even know that I didn't grow up in the pack?"

"Okay," Jin nods allowing Yoongi to just vent.

"Wait do you think she's right hyung?" Yoongi slams a record into a box.

"I didn't say that I'm just letting you continue to tell me what happened. I'm not here to take sides Yoongi, I'm just trying to learn everything, so I know how to help you. It's not about right or wrong, it's about getting you what you need."